News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's Cooking?

Started by Bad Penny II, August 22, 2018, 02:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

^^^
Thank you, billy rubin:thumb:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

you bet

is it time to post the pictures of my numbdr three son eating an earthwom after i offered him five bucks to do it?

ten if he would eat three but he wouldnt

maybe that should go in a different thread

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Now I feel inspired to buy some tofu and cook it your way.
:let'seat:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on August 20, 2021, 01:04:30 AM
is it time to post the pictures of my numbdr three son eating an earthwom after i offered him five bucks to do it?

Wait. Let me get ready for this...

OK.
Go ahead.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

I think there's something wrong with me... :notsure:
This afternoon, I started with a green olive.
Then, I had a pickle.
After that, I had capers.

I thought, what the heck, so I had crackers with Brie Cheese. I had a Modelo beer and then I said, fuck it, and I had the barbeque chips.

Now that goddammed can of black olives is looking at me.  :worried:

I guess these are a few of my favorite things.  :deadpan:

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on August 22, 2021, 02:12:51 AM
Then, I had a pickle.

I thought, what the heck, so I had crackers with Brie Cheese. I had a Modelo beer and then I said, fuck it, and I had the barbeque chips.

I can already hear the patter of little feet. Now, to think of some names.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 22, 2021, 03:56:25 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 22, 2021, 02:12:51 AM
Then, I had a pickle.

I can already hear the patter of little feet. Now, to think of some names.
:hahaha...no:

Little Mary Jane, or Little Mario Juan.  :grin:

Magdalena

Awwww, man!
I just remembered how Dave loved olives! Remember he used to post pictures of his meals? They always looked good.
:tellmemore:

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on August 22, 2021, 05:32:25 AM
Awwww, man!
I just remembered how Dave loved olives! Remember he used to post pictures of his meals? They always looked good.
:tellmemore:

He was a very special person.
― Charles Eames

Tom62

I'm preparing a Bayerischer Krustenbraten with Dunkelbiersoße and Kartoffelknödel.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

that souns less like food than some thing that i would run away from in the woods

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on August 22, 2021, 06:42:19 PM
that souns less like food than some thing that i would run away from in the woods
:snicker:

To me, it sounds like four sneezes in a row.
Bayerischer!
Krustenbraten!
Dunkelbiersoße!
Kartoffelknödel!

:lol:

What is that, Tom62?
Is nödel noodles?

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on August 22, 2021, 09:08:22 PM

Bayerischer!
Krustenbraten!
Dunkelbiersoße!
Kartoffelknödel!

What is that, Tom62?
Is nödel noodles?

Bavarian crust roast with dark beer sauce and potato dumplings.

Tom62

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 23, 2021, 04:10:53 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 22, 2021, 09:08:22 PM

Bayerischer!
Krustenbraten!
Dunkelbiersoße!
Kartoffelknödel!

What is that, Tom62?
Is nödel noodles?

Bavarian crust roast with dark beer sauce and potato dumplings.

Thanks Bruce. That indeed what I made.

The roast (pork) took me in total 3 hours to prepare in the oven. The dumplings were however not homemade, but came out of a package. It made an excellent meal. Here is a recipe that comes very close:

https://www.craftbeering.com/boneless-pork-shoulder-roast-schweinebraten/

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Weird food trend I've noticed lately at the office. Folks have been putting names on the food in the office refrigerator...the other day I had a delicious kale salad named Sarah.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."