News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Most of we HAFers do not care much for the Trump person.

Legions of people cling to the belief that the Trump person is akin to the second coming.   DO any of you have information or opinions that would help me understand why there is so much passionate loyalty to a con man. Why are the evangelicals so absolutely loyal to a man who boasts about grabbing pussies and claims to be a stable genius? Seems to me that that sort of behavior is against the principles of the seriously involved Jesus folk.

While we are at it, please help me understand the stonewall dedication to the Trump person by damned near every one of the red state legislators.

I am really boggled by this turn of events.  Someone, please,  help me understand the whys and wherfores.

Tom62

I think that most Democrats just bought the CNBN/CNBC propaganda that Trump was an evil dangerous dictator, a racist, etc. etc. and ignored everything else, like getting the Covid 19 vaccines ready, peace deals in the Middle East, not starting new foreign conflicts, improving the economy, making the US energy independent, taking the border situation serious, reducing unemployment (especially for people of colour), etc.

Yes, Trump wasn't a master of communications nor a likable person (like Obama was), but he got some things done. So I think that most conservatives judged Trump on his actions, not his person.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

trump ignored the virus and undercut the healthcare professionals. even now he doesnt advocate the vaccine.

hemade no peace deals in the middle east. the people signing papers were not at war. he undercut the peace process for those peoples who actually were.

he did not start foreign conflicts, yes. but he screwed up iran and north korea, and the word is a more dangerous place for it.

he started an econimic trade war with china and lost it. he shut down the government and destroyed thousands of businesses. he ballooned the deficit, like all republican administrations since reagan. the rich got richer under trump. the middle and the poor got tweets.

he did nothing for energy independence. not a single coal mine has reopened, which he promised. the natural gas industry has blossomed, but that has happed through economic changes, not anything that trump did. he rolled back environmental regulations, and now the coubtrier is dirtier.

all he did at the border was cause pain. he did nothing to address any of the causes of migration, as none of his predecessors did. throwing people in jail for fleeing oppression is not taking it seriously. separating children from their parents was despicable.

i dont lnow about unemployment.

most conservatives judge trump for very different reasons. the oligarchy of republicans in office see him as a fool they can use to stay in thrir current position of minority rule. the evangelicals see him as a political animal they can use to force their religious views onto those who do not share them. the uneducated middle class like his grieviance politics and cheer his loud mouth.

thats what trump offers. sadly; he doesnt deliver on his promises. he just shouts his lies on virtually any subject over and over until his followers think that they are true.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tom62

It is all a matter of perspective. Trump achievements is judged very positive by millions of Americans and overwhelmingly negative by million others. The "truth" may lie somewhere in the middle. I don't like the guy, I also think that he handled Covid-19 and some other issues very badly, but he did some good things as well and he isn't the boogie man the media portrayed him to be. I consider Trump to be a loud-mouthed, moronically ignorant and rather mediocre president. Not good, not bad but also not evil. He is more like a second-hand car salesman than a politician. As a president, I rank him a bit above Obama, but below Clinton. Biden and GW Bush are currently on the bottom of my list.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Trump is a dumbass with a smartphone good for tweeting insults, conning people, and betraying, only.

I am really trying to forget about him and the miserable four long years that he was The divider in chief. I don't want to give him any more of the attention he craves after every tantrum he throws. Everything he touches turns to shit. There's a reason why social media shut that hole he has on his face.

:levitate:
Mags, don't let that "thing" that
"nightmare" haunt you anymore.
Let it go....
Let it go...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Tom62,
Por el amor de Dios!
Where do you get your news from?!

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on September 27, 2021, 07:56:14 PM

:lol: I remember him standing in front of a bunch of world leaders and announcing that he "Was a stable genius", and the crowd started laughing. "Well, that wasn't what I was expecting!"  ::)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 27, 2021, 10:46:24 PM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on September 27, 2021, 07:56:14 PM

:lol: I remember him standing in front of a bunch of world leaders and announcing that he "Was a stable genius", and the crowd started laughing. "Well, that wasn't what I was expecting!"  ::)

:rofl:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

And then the dodo retracted that later and claimed that that laughter was his expected response. The dodo will never admit error or weakness. As far as people attributing bias to a particular news outlet, I only watch the feces that fly from his face, which doesn't really require an interpretation by anyone else. I just don't get how people can just claim a bias, if they can see the original footage. Intellectual laziness and/or dishonesty, I guess.

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 27, 2021, 10:46:24 PM

:picard facepalm:

Bad Penny II

What did Obama do to get below "loud-mouthed, moronically ignorant and rather mediocre president" Trump on the Tom Scale?
He didn't start any wars, the economy was on the up from the George II debacle.
He was cruel to would be border crossers, like a proper president should.

He forgot his place.

Oh ye, we can't let that go, it i'd only encourage others.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tom62

Quote from: Magdalena on September 27, 2021, 07:21:09 PM
Tom62,
Por el amor de Dios!
Where do you get your news from?!

I just answered the question why people would or could have voted for him. It doesn't really matter if these reasons are valid or not. If you put yourself in the shoes of conservatives, libertarians or even classical liberals it easy to see why they thought that Trump was the better presidential candidate than Clinton or Biden. Looking at the way Biden runs the presidency at this moment, I can also image very well why these people want to see Trump back.

Personally, I hope that we'll never see Trump back in the White House. But, I also hope that the Democratic Party becomes more reliable, less woke, stop promoting race hustlers and move politically back more to the middle.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

i sure didntike the way obama blew up that american teenager in yemen with his drone toys.

i liked him before that.

but then trump blew up his 8 year old sister, so what can you do

set the function, not the mechanism.