News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

'Lucy' on Netflix. What a strange but fun movie.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tom62

I've just watched "Kingsman the Secret Service" on DVD. Awesome movie. This evening I'll be watching Kingsman part 2 "The Golden Circle"
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Randy

I've been watching The Boys, a series on Amazon Prime Video (I should just shorten that to just Amazon or APV but whatever). There are three seasons produced but only one on APV. The violence is pretty graphic and some people might get turned off by it.

It involves a world where superheroes are real -- and corrupt. The Boys are a misfit ensemble of vigilantes who want to take the super types down, killing them if possible. I don't know how they are going to kill two of them as they are invulnerable but I guess we'll find out in another season or so.

I'm half way through it already and hope they release season two soon.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on June 14, 2020, 11:35:18 AM
I've just watched "Kingsman the Secret Service" on DVD. Awesome movie. This evening I'll be watching Kingsman part 2 "The Golden Circle"

I really enjoyed that (first) movie.  8)

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 14, 2020, 02:44:20 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on June 14, 2020, 11:35:18 AM

I really enjoyed that (first) movie.  8)

The 2nd movie was a mess. A couple of decent action scenes, occasionally entertaining but also with a very silly story line and huge plot holes.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Randy

I think I've seen both movies. I'll probably have to watch a trailer or read up on the second movie to find out. I do remember enjoying the first one though.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

The first one is way better. The second suffers from the Sequel's Curse. 

Icarus

"Lady Bird" on Netflix. A short movie that is a study in....well not a study, just a boring movie.

El Camino was alright.  That is a one episode movie about Jesse and his ultimate escape.   Jesse is/was the student meth cook in the Breaking bad series.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on June 16, 2020, 02:13:59 AM
"Lady Bird" on Netflix. A short movie that is a study in....well not a study, just a boring movie.

Yeah...watched that one in the cinema. Wasted 15 bucks. 

Magdalena

It's like...you want to stop watching it, but you just can't stop watching it.  :popcorn:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on June 17, 2020, 12:34:01 AM
It's like...you want to stop watching it, but you just can't stop watching it.  :popcorn:

Aw, I really liked that.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on June 17, 2020, 04:30:00 PM

Aw, I really liked that.
Ha!  :lol: I knew you would like it!

:secrets1: I enjoy low budget films too.  :grin:
I was gonna start a new topic: Davin, Davin, where for art thou?  :grin:

I know you like movies like this one, Buffalo Rider, The Room, The Big Lebowski, etc.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on June 17, 2020, 05:48:58 PM

Aw, I really liked that.

I know you like movies like this one, Buffalo Rider, The Room, The Big Lebowski, etc.
As long as they are not intentionally made to be bad. I like movies where people were trying their best to create their vision, even if it fell short. But when the intention is to make a bad movie, even for laughs, I don't like it that much. The Sharknado movies are a good example of the bad kind of bad movies.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on June 19, 2020, 06:17:33 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 17, 2020, 05:48:58 PM

Aw, I really liked that.

As long as they are not intentionally made to be bad. I like movies where people were trying their best to create their vision, even if it fell short. But when the intention is to make a bad movie, even for laughs, I don't like it that much. The Sharknado movies are a good example of the bad kind of bad movies.
Sharknado is bad --all 6 of them. I heard of someone talking about making a "Squidnami" movie.

:grin:

Randy

I'm watching "The Gifted". It's a Marvel series where the X-Men are gone and a bunch of renegade mutants have banded together getting others across the Mexican border where the laws aren't as strict. It's based in Atlanta so I'm looking for things I recognize.