Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 31, 2020, 01:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on April 10, 2021, 08:22:08 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 10, 2021, 05:09:05 AM
I got my 1st shot today. For three hours now, I haven't stopped saying, "hmn! fuck! mother fucker! mother fuckers! fuck Trump!"

It's an uncomfortable pain.  :(

There is comfortable pain? Who knew!

bee stings.

once youve been stung enough timez you dont process it as pain anymore. not just me. ive been told this by other beekeepers

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

I got my 1st shot today. For three hours now, I haven't stopped saying, "hmn! fuck! mother fucker! mother fuckers! fuck Trump!"

I've been on prescription strength pain relievers for the past couple of weeks, They may have dulled the pain from the shot.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 10, 2021, 02:25:45 PM
You're supposed to get autism, not Tourette's!  ;D

Heheh  ;D

In Brazil some people believe it will turn you into an alligator. Really.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on April 10, 2021, 03:18:41 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 10, 2021, 08:22:08 AM

There is comfortable pain? Who knew!

bee stings.

once youve been stung enough timez you dont process it as pain anymore. not just me. ive been told this by other beekeepers

I'm sure beekeepers use the same vocabulary while experiencing that, "uncomfortable pain."

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on April 10, 2021, 10:10:25 PM

I've been on prescription strength pain relievers for the past couple of weeks, They may have dulled the pain from the shot.
You mentioned, percocet.
I think that one helped you.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

pain is weird. for yearz i have been unable to decide whether bee stings hurt. i can feel the stimulation, and when i get stung a lot  , like 40 or 50 timez at once, that certainly hurts. but one or two? i dont know anymore.

depends on where you get stung too. ive been stung three timez on the end of my tallywhacker. that gets your attentio n for sure. or inside  your ear

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on April 12, 2021, 04:27:52 PM
pain is weird. for yearz i have been unable to decide whether bee stings hurt. i can feel the stimulation, and when i get stung a lot  , like 40 or 50 timez at once, that certainly hurts. but one or two? i dont know anymore.

depends on where you get stung too. ive been stung three timez on the end of my tallywhacker. that gets your attentio n for sure. or inside  your ear

"stimulation"
Would that be... Numbness, burning, swelling/heavyness, and a heartbeat sensation, while pins and needles poke you, all at the same time and  in the exact same spot...? For a long time.

That's not pain anymore, that's
"stimulation."

:grin:

I was stung so many times when I was a kid, I lost count, and I can't remember where on my body either, it was so many times!

Ah..fun times.

billy rubin

i dunno

its a local bright pain, i guezz. but it feels as much like an ice cube or being prezsed by the end of a pencil

yellow jacket and hornet stings hurt. bee stings, maybe not

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on April 13, 2021, 06:09:23 PM
i dunno

its a local bright pain, i guezz. but it feels as much like an ice cube or being prezsed by the end of a pencil

yellow jacket and hornet stings hurt. bee stings, maybe not

Yes! It feels like an ice cube that numbs and burns.

Randy

Quote from: Magdalena on April 11, 2021, 03:25:07 AM
Quote from: Randy on April 10, 2021, 10:10:25 PM

You mentioned, percocet.
I think that one helped you.
Yes, that was the one that relieved the pain I was getting for weeks in my hip. It was excruciating. Then it just suddenly stopped. I've still got plenty because when I fell a couple of weeks ago it was backward and my head hit the floor. I had a constant headache that wouldn't react to over the counter medicines. I'm loaded with pain pills of different strengths and elixirs. I've got morphine on hand but the side effects to me were worse than the pain in the hip. I don't recall if the pain was numbed though.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Has anyone had the AstraZeneca vaccine? My mother turned 60 last week and so was eligible for vaccination, but this was the only available vaccine. She was vaccinated yesterday and today had a rather extreme reaction -- high fever, headache and generalised pain all over -- which has lasted all day today and will probably continue tomorrow.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

I'm relieved though that she's having a reaction because that means she was given an actual vaccine dose and not something else like saline or the vaccine for the flu. There have been numerous cases in Brazil of such fraud, where the nurse practitioners vaccinating people are 'hiding' doses to later sell at high prices.     
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

All those symptoms are listed as possible reactions to Vaxzevria (the Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID vaccine), and they're pretty common (1/3 to 1/2+, according to this site). I agree that they're a reassuring indication that she got the genuine article.  :maskwink:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Davin

I got the Pfizer vaccine, it was a fairly mild response and the second shot was much lighter than the first.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Randy

I meant to tell everyone that I got the second half the vaccination. I've not had a single adverse reaction, not even a sore arm where they injected it.

billy rubin

excellent

my firdt moderna was unnoticable

then i had mild flu symptoms from the second