News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

I've just watched "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". I can highly recommend it.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

i am not watching anything

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

No one

What little human decency there was, slowly crumble.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

cool!

what kind?

here in the american east theres only one, the ruby throat

when i lived in arizona you get half a dozen very different onez at the feeders at the same time

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Recusant

Anna's are the locals, rufous visit for the summer.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

wonderful animals.

i remember the first time someone showed me a nest. just lichens woven together with spiders webs, the size of an egg cup

Recusant

Yes, it takes a good eye to spot a hummingbird nest. I've only seen two or three of them, all when I was a boy who spent a lot of time wandering around in the woods.
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Warrior Nun. Oddly enjoyable.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Finishing up the second season of The Gifted. Unfortunately I found out they canceled the series which means this season will probably end on a cliff hanger.  :rant1:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

I finally started watching The Witcher. :popcorn:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 15, 2020, 02:36:08 AM
I haven't, it's in my queue though, and that's down to only 110 movies/shows.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Randy

Hustle. It's set in Great Britain and is about a group of con artists who steal from those who don't deserve it. The pilot was excellent. I'll be watching another episode tonight.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on July 15, 2020, 04:57:12 PM

Going to watch the third episode tonight. I was putting off watching this series until after I wrote my thesis because I was afraid I would spend too much time binge-watching but now that I have finished writing I just don't have the patience or energy to binge-watch anything.  :-[

It's not bad, so far. In general I like GoT better but maybe that's just because I haven't finished watching season 8 yet. ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 17, 2020, 12:51:49 AM
Quote from: Davin on July 15, 2020, 04:57:12 PM

Going to watch the third episode tonight. I was putting off watching this series until after I wrote my thesis because I was afraid I would spend too much time binge-watching but now that I have finished writing I just don't have the patience or energy to binge-watch anything.  :-[

It's not bad, so far. In general I like GoT better but maybe that's just because I haven't finished watching season 8 yet. ::)
The 8th season of GoT, while not great, wasn't as bad as people whine about.  If you liked GoT up through the seventh season, the eighth is like that, but a little worse and a lot more rushed. And all the character development that you thought the characters were making ended up being temporary and no character actually had any development at all and they are the same as they were in the first season.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.