News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

I'm about to call it a night. I just got finished watching three episodes of The Tick on Amazon Prime Video. The pilot I watched yesterday and wasn't sure I'd watch anymore. But I was told it was right up my alley so I watched some more. It's getting better.

Tomorrow I may binge watch a few episodes.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Icarus

Elaine and  have been binge watching Roku, serial dramas.  Ozarks, Virgin River.......no satisfactory denouement..., and Breaking Bad which I have never watched before.  Seems like Walt is in deep shit despite his best intentions to be a good guy.

Asmodean

I'm watching a thing about ancient Egypt on Prime video. It's good. Well-made, well-narrated, pretty balanced from what I can tell (They have not yet presented speculation as accepted fact... I think) Yeah... I approve.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2104573/
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Randy

Quote from: Asmodean on May 26, 2020, 11:31:47 AM
I'm watching a thing about ancient Egypt on Prime video. It's good. Well-made, well-narrated, pretty balanced from what I can tell (They have not yet presented speculation as accepted fact... I think) Yeah... I approve.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2104573/

That's good. I was watching something about the pyramids on the History Channel some fifteen plus years ago. I worked from home so when I was done, I'd turn on the TV. My wife worked in an office.

It was a two hour documentary and I was engrossed in it. My wife comes home and asks, "What is this &$*@?" and immediately changes the TV to America's Got Talent or something like that. I put my coat on and went downstairs to work on my Mindstorms robot. We were heading for a divorce anyway when she started introducing my kids to her new boyfriend.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Asmodean

Oh, wow! If any-one ever wonders why I'm so happily-single, the remote privileges are one of the top... 10... No, 5... Top 3 reasons.

Most people in my generation are unhealthily-fascinated with Japan (Which, speaking of Prime Video, James May - Our Man in Japan is a cool, light-hearted series. I recommend) me, I'm far more interested in ancient Egypt, Sumeria and Rome than I am in ninjas and samurai.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

everybody has a different life, but im always bemused by "what people are watching." i haven't had a television set in my life in over thirty years, and i cant watch them anymore. i can sit in front of one for a half hour or so and then i have to get up and leave to go do something else. not necessarily anything worthwhile, just something else.

on rare occasions i can sit still long enough to watch a movie or an episode of something my family is watching. maybe two or three times a year.

i don't have any problems with video screens, as i have one in front of me now. but sitting still to observe a story being played is beyond my patience. stage productions are the same way.

but a concert i wouldn't have a problem with, although there aren't any orchestras within  seventy miles.

i wonder how i got rewired. wasn't always that way.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Randy

Given the choices I would be too. I enjoy a good thought provoking documentary over samurais and ninjas any day. I just never got into any of it for some reason.

xSilverPhinx

I used to watch more TV than I do now. I used to read more too. Maybe I'm devolving. :chin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

I used to watch less TV than I do now. I think I only turned it on in the weekends downstairs with pizza and beer. I liked to do a lot of things and there simply wasn't time for television.

billy rubin

i was a child in the philippines when animated cartoons for kids were still silent-- just a musical track. steamboat willie stuff.

my own kids grew up without a television set and found programming stressful when they watched them in motels while we travelled.

i remember once they were watching a three stooges comedy that had curly, larry, and moe being left behind on a train platform when the train left, because they were late.

my kids were so stressed they burst into tears.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Randy

Does anyone remember Saturday morning cartoons? They may have only had those in the US.

Magdalena

I just watched 3 movies: The Expendables, The Expendables 2, The Expendables 3.

:popcorn:

I think I can die in peace now.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

I've been watching Upload. Only one season has been made so far. I should finish it tonight.

Tom62

I've been watching Idiocrazy. A fairly decent comedy and social satire. I would give it 6/10 points.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on June 07, 2020, 04:12:29 PM
I've been watching Idiocrazy. A fairly decent comedy and social satire. I would give it 6/10 points.

That film is a guilty pleasure of mine.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey