News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Spirituality:

Started by Rift Zone, April 28, 2019, 12:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 01, 2019, 08:56:13 PM
Guys, guys... *makes calming motion with both hands* the problem is we're just not woke enough yet. Well, that and some participants in this exchange are jackasses. Not pointing any fingers though. Except to point at myself. It takes one to know one and I can spot a jackass like I have eagle eyes...

:P

:hulk:

:shrug:

Yes, we are not woke to the spiritual reality that lies latent within all of us. We are but mere sheep who fail to see the grass is greener on the other side. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Well Rift Zone, what can I say? It seems your working hypothesis is that all humans (and apparently dolphins too) are spiritual beings, and that spirituality lies within the subconscious, is processed by the conscious and then goes back to the subconscious again to inform future behaviour and thoughts.

It is an odd hypothesis (and I'm not just referring to the dolphins) but ok. In the case of memory processes (main encoder of recent memories is the hippocampus, located within the temporal lobe and interacts with elements of the limbic system), information is "transferred" up to higher cortices, with different laminar organisation, to be processed and intergrated and back down to the hippocampus to be processed and stored, so such "migrations" are not unheard of.

It's just you need evidence this happens with "spiritual" thoughts and feelings. What is that even, anyway? You defined it but using words, show us what that is in neuroscientific terms.

Previous scientific literature supporting your hypothesis. Practically none.

Evidence supporting your hypothesis. No actual original evidence and none supported by the literature.

Discussion of the evidence. So much weirdness there.

Conclusion. You love mother nature and seem to want to start a cult. :lol: 

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 01, 2019, 09:49:55 PM
Guys, guys... *makes calming motion with both hands* the problem is we're just not woke enough yet. Well, that and some participants in this exchange are jackasses. Not pointing any fingers though. Except to point at myself. It takes one to know one and I can spot a jackass like I have eagle eyes...

Yes, we are not woke to the spiritual reality that lies latent within all of us. We are but mere sheep who fail to see the grass is greener on the other side.

Not just the reality within us. You're forgetting about the dolphins.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 01, 2019, 10:30:23 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 01, 2019, 09:49:55 PM

Not just the reality within us. You're forgetting about the dolphins.

Ah, yes. :smilenod:

Ronrick

Cults operate out of mythology, have a tendency to want to control/lead people.   Fuck all that, you humans are not that important to me.  I sincerely have more important things to engage in, like wandering while geeking out on cool shit.  I don't see anyone else handling this mess, however, and I can so I am.  This effort operates out of physical reality.   And I have a simple policy concerning dealing with humans: stand with me, get the fuck out of my way, or get trampled.    No manipulation there at all, unless someone fucks with me Mother Nature.   

I didn't read most of the responses yet (waiting to see if you allow me to respond).  I don't disagree with what I did see.   It is rather thin...from a bottom up view.   There was discussion pertaining to taking the top view as well, however, for a reason.  So do this for me: look at our world through the picture painted within.  Kindly establish the "document" as your lens and look at our world, humanity through it.   Now ask yourself if you contest the dynamics of our world is in perfect accordance with the dynamics shown in the document.   Are they not the same?  Would it be so: anything weird about it is probably trivial to the validity of the overall model anyway?  Do you contest the perspective in any significant way?   It's shaky as fuck, aye, but is wrong? 

I am not a medical or soft scientist, I'm an astrophysicist, who is really fucking good with complex systems that interact non linearly, like physics and dysfunctional human societies.   I don't give a flying fuck what I can prove in this realm, this is gonna work.  You're welcome.   How do I know any of this?   You are going to love this! 

Demonstrable facts exist independent of ego.  The value of a person and the quality of the soul is something I authored because I firmly believe in it, and operate by it with intent to be a good person.  I don't think I'm better than anyone, until you demonstrate otherwise.   This is how I know: I think in 4D.  You aware of Fermat's Last Theorem?   Euler's Identity, and the profusion of his works?   Gauss?   How about Relativity?  Einstein's "thought experiments" were physics simulations, literally. -pretty good ones.  All of those things and most other deep shit humanity has produced throughout the ages came from 4Ds.   Operating within existing parameters will keep you there. Shit like that never pops out an equation. They have to know it, they have to understand it; they saw that shit: how it works, interacts, evolves, relates, they saw it. In very pure and intimate ways, they saw it. They generated it. The world's best computers are still organic; we're quantum, of course we're gonna smoke chips for a good while longer. -they're what 3D's, you, the systems thinkers (better than the linear thinking 2Ds!), call genius.  That's what it is, that's how it works; and I seem to have a more pure and intimate relationship with mathematics/physics than any other living human does. Plus it turns out dysfunctional human societies and physics both exist as complex systems that interact non linearly.  -I was able to piece that mess together too.  You guys got the old copy.   The only major update to the document was this paragraph:

"I'm actually engaged in 2 efforts I consider to be life's works. The other is a physics theory named "Nova". Modern physics is scarcely more sophisticated than platomic spheres and their epicycles. It is patchy, sketchy, willfully ignorant, demonstrably wrong, and would never build a universe akin to our own operating within those parameters. I know this because I'm going to establish 21st Century physics -not very likely anyone can successfully contest that; no one's understanding of the physical structure of the universe can survive against mine, including the combined understanding of the National Academy of Sciences, NASA, CERN, JAXA, the ESA, and every other post doc/Nobel Laureate. Modern science is in no way prepared to argue against a sincere Giant, particularly with that mess. I'm really fucking good with complex systems that interact non-linearly, like physics and dysfunctional human societies. I'm not good at being a spiritual leader (I'll find worthy spiritual leaders). I'm kinda rough around the edges. Fair to say those close to me would affirm having honor, integrity, and a good heart. I was never properly domesticated though; I'm somewhat feral. I am a warrior. I came here to break things. I am Mother Nature's little bitch: I am going to fuck up everything that stands to gain from the subjugation/destruction of our world/species. I will remind dissent to consider what I just did to religion before they doubt my capacity or resolve. I'm here to tell the world: stand with me and I can promise a better world, and mean it. Wanna know how to save the world? -robin hood the fuck out of it. Probably a bow around here some where. Let's do this, right now. Join me merry (wo)men and/or otherwise, it's time to ride."

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Ronrick

Mother Nature alone is omnipotent; she holds dominion.

I had Search and Rescue called out on me once in my life. I was 5. It was America's 4th of July celebration along a major river. I ran off to the river soon after arriving. I was doing the same thing to play/study a creek that ran through the property when I was 3. There was difference there though; that river could easily kill me, and I knew it. I was fascinated by flora, fauna, and physics of the moving water; the implications of how much power it possessed was not lost on very little me. What fascinated me most was how the water moved. The water was clear; you could see into it well. The bits floating within only served to show how it was moving. I was captivated by it, by how the plants swayed, by how the little whirlpools evolved, by how the big one morphed and migrated. I eventually left the backwater area I had first found, where I was more or less in view of the crowd. I went upstream to see even more. The sun eventually went down. The fireworks came and went. The flashing lights from the emergency vehicles were all part of the show to me. I continued to explore. The only problem that arose for me while I was out there was when my mom came up missing! I knew all too well mom was my lifeline so I watched her like hawk. Every so often I would backtrack far enough to catch sight of her then proceed to go in deeper. I saw her talking to emergency personal at some point so when she left her spot I found her among the emergency vehicles, 5~7 hours later.
I was kicked out of second grade for studying spectroscopy. They took me out of second grade, walked me to first, and left me there. I was doing just fine on all the tests, consistently gaining high marks on them, but I wasn't doing their home or classwork. I was reading Encyclopedia Britannica. I found Newton and Fraunhofer Lines and was knee deep in studying physics when I got walked back to first grade. Around the same time a newscast changed my life. The news anchor introduced some authority on some topic who said something. My mom had a rather spirited response for him. My mother is exceptionally bright and capable, she was an authority on the ways of the world as far as I was concerned. Seeing that conflict made something click. I had already seen similar conflicts in science where various camps couldn't agree, so all of a sudden I was left with the impression humans don't know what they're talking about. That completely changed the way I approached science. Before that I would adopt what they said without question, only digging deeper when there was no consensus. After that I would look into the observations they derived their interpretations from and make my own interpretations, aligning with others out of merit alone. I was doing my own science at seven. Not that I was contesting modern science that far back, but some of their teachings didn't make it to my acceptance.

I finished reading Encyclopedia Britannica in the third grade, mostly skipping anything that wasn't naturalistic. I was also asking teachers about the physical structure of light, because the books I was reading didn't seem to know. In the fifth grade I was losing teachers over galactic orbital dynamics. I left grade school knowing more about the structure of the universe than the staff did, collectively. That started to make me keen on teachers not being able to help me with my education so we mostly talked about what they wanted to talk about in middle school. I was the star pupil in the Young Astronauts Program. That was fun. Growing up in Silicon Valley had its benefits! NASA Ames Research Center was right in my backyard. I flew the Space Shuttle simulator thanks to that program; the 'real' one, the one astronauts are trained on. I toured that facility a number of times. I've been in their Wind Tunnel, walked through the main body of it. I got to fly a helicopter simulator with VR goggles when NASA was among the few who could afford VR at the time. Modern graphics would smoke what I saw, but the tech was equivalent to high end offerings today. Got a private tour of Stanford's linear accelerator, thanks to geeks recognizing geeks.

In high school I went through every physics book I could find, at least once. Then I would venture to main library branches and universities to find more. I was an expert on Big Bang theory. Not sure If I was an expert on Relativity at the time, but I was getting close. I was up to date on quantum mechanics. About the time I got out of high school I came across a volume titled "The Big Bang Never Happened" by Eric J Lerner; and my life was changed again. I have an insatiable curiosity and bear the mark of a true scientist: one who adheres exclusively to the properties of the universe, irrespective of what humans think, as they hold no authority in this realm. I was well aware there were issues within Big Bang theory, but all my heroes taught me about BBT my entire life; I was an adherent. I must have spent 20 minutes pawing through the volume. What I saw was he was he was talking science, and seemingly making decent arguments. I bought the book wondering what the hell he was talking about. He was talking about plasma physics, plasma cosmology, and curious things humans do. I didn't trust him on much. Took me forever to get through that book because I would constantly find myself researching something he said. I finished the book as an adherent of Plasma Cosmology. He's right about that, by the way: the Big Bang never happened.

At last check I was a few classes away from an associates degree in Science, Engineering, and Math from De Anza College in Cupertino, CA. They hired me to tutor mathematics to my fellow students, mostly because I had a tendency to lead the grading curve of every math class I ever attended. My tutees loved me. They averaged nearly a 2 point increase in grade with my help. I could see the structure represented in the math so it was very easy for me to figure out where their disconnect was and then throw it at them every which way till they got it, often developing my own equations and approaches for them to work. That didn't last long though. I thought 'university' was my promised land. It was supposed to be where I would find instructors as well educated in science as I was. Come to find out I was more or less looking for a PhD program, as a freshman. Between the politics of higher education, the fact I already stood against prevailing physics, and the adventurous spirit I displayed when I was 5 only got worse as I aged, I chose to continue my education independently, as I had done all along. So I took my science books in to wilderness and studied physics from mother nature herself, with the guidance of Giants, of course.

I became a leader in plasma cosmology the moment I redefined 'nova' to mean change of state within schwarzschild radius from particles into pure energy, as we would expect from mixing matter and antimatter: poof! I then reconciled quantum mechanics and relativity into it, reconciling them in the process. Turns out this universe is so much cooler than the model you get from trying to reduce everything to the simplest terms they can get away with. This universe dances! -shit gets swirly. Maybe we'll chat about physics sometime. Modern physics is not much more sophisticated than platomic spheres and their epicycles. It is patchy, sketchy, willfully ignorant, demonstrably wrong, and would never build a universe akin to our own operating within those parameters. I'm stepping outside my bounds a bit with this decidedly soft science spirituality endeavor. Physics, however, is my turf; my work in physics is more potent than my work in spirituality is. I am not intimidated by academia in the least. I wanted to publish my physics first knowing the work on spirituality would go over better coming from the next einstein or something. Circumstances were not conducive to that, so now I'm fully interested in challenging the whole of academia: The Academy of Sciences, NASA, JAXA, CERN, the ESA, one of us knows the structure of the universe better than you collectively, and it's not you. I can demonstrate this easier than I have the nature of spirituality.

And to the Way of the Cosmos community: we can save the world, I know we can. I'm really good with complex systems that interact non-linearly, ya know?!? Don't suppose I could talk you into trusting me on this? I ask you to consider the evidence, for the writing is clearly on the wall: we need not wonder when humanity takes a stand and fixes our world any longer, that day is upon us, and it starts here with us.

Ronrick

Can I get " Rift Zone" back?    -or is this one dead too? 

xSilverPhinx

Sock puppets are against the rules of this site.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ronrick on May 01, 2019, 11:01:27 PM
...  The value of a person and the quality of the soul is something I authored because I firmly believe in it, and operate by it with intent to be a good person.  I don't think I'm better than anyone, until you demonstrate otherwise.   This is how I know: I think in 4D.  You aware of Fermat's Last Theorem?   Euler's Identity, and the profusion of his works?   Gauss?   How about Relativity?  ...
Um...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

...you humans are not that important to me.  I sincerely have more important things to engage in, like wandering while geeking out on cool shit.  I don't see anyone else handling this mess, however, and I can so I am.  This effort operates out of physical reality.   And I have a simple policy concerning dealing with humans: stand with me, get the fuck out of my way, or get trampled.    No manipulation there at all, unless someone fucks with me Mother Nature.   

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Cults operate out of mythology, have a tendency to want to control/lead people.   Fuck all that, you humans are not that important to me.  I sincerely have more important things to engage in, like wandering while geeking out on cool shit.  I don't see anyone else handling this mess, however, and I can so I am.  This effort operates out of physical reality.   And I have a simple policy concerning dealing with humans: stand with me, get the fuck out of my way, or get trampled.

QuoteNo manipulation there at all, unless someone fucks with me Mother Nature ego.   

:fixed:

Quote-- snipped huge Narcissistic Injury rant --

MmKay. If you say so. ::)

Actually, what you say doesn't matter. You're the one who came here and posted your rambling wall of text. I read it and gave my opinion and thoughts. We didn't go looking for you, you came to HAF. Why did you come here, I wonder? Looking for humans who you care nothing for to grovel at your feet chanting the mantra 'Oh lead me, genius! Even though I am not important'?

Not going to happen, apparently.

I'm still wondering what your problem is.

Davin

Wow, so smert.

Einstein was a smart fellow, smart enough to be able to explain and support his ideas with science and evidence.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Davin on May 06, 2019, 06:04:47 PM
Wow, so smert.

Einstein was a smart fellow, smart enough to be able to explain and support his ideas with science and evidence.

And also this from Einstein: "If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough."
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on May 07, 2019, 09:24:44 AM
Quote from: Davin on May 06, 2019, 06:04:47 PM
Wow, so smert.

And also this from Einstein: "If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough."

That's a good quote!  :tellmemore: