News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Not single hale stone not even a drop of rain. My lawns are like concrete.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

thats unfortunate

we had some activoty to the south but only morning fog here

set the function, not the mechanism.

Dragonia

Hi old friends, and new ones, I'm cheerful simply to be back, reading some of your posts.  I've missed so much, and been gone for so long, but I'm happy to see a lot of people still here that I remember!
I'll try to post but can't promise a ton. We will see!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Dragonia on June 28, 2023, 12:41:10 AMHi old friends, and new ones, I'm cheerful simply to be back, reading some of your posts.  I've missed so much, and been gone for so long, but I'm happy to see a lot of people still here that I remember!

Oh, one of those posts.
I don't think she would be cheerful reading your posts.
No, you're probably right.
Especially since you turned to the dark side, using the word "woke" like a Trumpian.

Oh well, welcome back anyway.
I just saw a Hermes post, everyone likes a Hermes post.

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on June 28, 2023, 04:40:35 AMEspecially since you turned to the dark side, using the word "woke" like a Trumpian.
Embrace your inner Orange Man! :smilenod:

Welcome back, Dragonia!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Dragonia on June 28, 2023, 12:41:10 AMHi old friends, and new ones, I'm cheerful simply to be back, reading some of your posts.  I've missed so much, and been gone for so long, but I'm happy to see a lot of people still here that I remember!

Always nice to see a returning member :)

You know what I mean!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Asmodean on June 28, 2023, 07:33:52 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on June 28, 2023, 04:40:35 AMEspecially since you turned to the dark side, using the word "woke" like a Trumpian.
Embrace your inner Orange Man! :smilenod:

I don't really want to do that but those claiming the light can be fking annoying.
What's an old fcker to do?
I'm going to watch Donnie Darko

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on June 28, 2023, 11:41:27 AMI'm going to watch Donnie Darko
Ah, yes! I remember that one. It was quite brilliant in its own weird way.

The rabbit. The Asmo suspects it of evil. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

https://imgur.io/gallery/4wl1wJ5

american independence day!

look how far weve come

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

Heh... I've actually been that little kid on the right on one occasion.

Got a firework dump I sat by blown up by a direct hit from a malfunctioning firework. (Not a rocket though. It was one of those things you strike like a match, and it sort of ignited, then shot right out of the guy's hand) I'm pretty sure I jumped a full man's height higher than the kid did though. Ah... Fun times with explosives! :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

I still have my sense of humour.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Anne D.

People usually go crazy with fireworks leading up to, on, and well after the Fourth in my neighborhood. There's always a good free show on the day of. As I was pulling on to my street tonight, I got a huge whiff of that fireworks smell. Made me smile. #reasonstobecheerful

Asmodean

We don't have a tradition for fireworks on our Constitution Day, but we do fireworks a lot and from absolutely everywhere ten nimutes to New Year. I rarely get directly involved, but do try to find a good vantage point and just watch. Some years, there is gunpowder smoke lying thick over parts of the city even before all is said and done.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

I'm happy because I'm getting away from my unit.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Icarus

Some of our cities are using drone choreographics in place of the traditional fireworks.  Fireworks are dangerous, smoky and noisy. They make some of our pets very uncomfortable. I'll take the drone displays and colors instead, given the choice.

On another note there are people who are certain that the fireworks are important to. Here is a quote: You will have to take my fireworks from my dead cold hand.......It is over there by the sidewalk.