News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on April 26, 2020, 12:23:46 AM
Well, for an inefficient asshole, he certainly produces a ton of shit.
Yup...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

^^ Good on you MAGS.  Your rant was entirely justified and proper.

I dislike that nasty man who is so quick to disparage anyone who questions him.

Dark Lightning

I've seen around the web that the middle initial "J" stands for Genius. :rolleyes: Doting wealthy parents have done a grave disservice to the world.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on April 26, 2020, 01:23:31 AM
^^ Good on you MAGS.  Your rant was entirely justified and proper.

I dislike that nasty man who is so quick to disparage anyone who questions him.
Thank you, Icarus.
My rant is, as you said, justified and proper, but yours is a whole lot better than mine.
;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 26, 2020, 01:54:09 AM
I've seen around the web that the middle initial "J" stands for Genius...

"J" for Genius?
An alternative fact?
An alternative spelling?

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Magdalena on April 26, 2020, 02:13:39 AM

"J" for Genius?
An alternative fact?
An alternative spelling?

A Goke.  ;D

I am a member of a truck forum, as I have a 50-year old truck that I use to pull our travel trailer to go camping, and there is always some nuance to be learned. One of the rules there is "NO" politics,  because those people just don't seem to be able to have a civil conversation once politics come up. A guy started a thread about funny memes, for lack of a better name for it. Lots of smut, which is verboten, and the admins combed through it and removed it all. Today, a guy posted a pic of a bunch of drink cups with straws like one gets at a fast food restaurant, but the labels on the cups were "Lysol", calling it "Fake News". I pointed out that anyone who wanted to go listen to what the chump (didn't use that term there, though) said, would know just what he meant. One person said that its open to interpretation, another said it didn't matter, they were going to vote for him again anyway. It's kind of sad that people get raised in a way that, if they DO see that voting that way is not in their best interest, they would do it anyway. Those two are extremely religious. I guess that they are even better nihilists than we are claimed to be.

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 26, 2020, 04:12:53 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 26, 2020, 02:13:39 AM

"J" for Genius?
An alternative fact?
An alternative spelling?

A Goke.  ;D

I am a member of a truck forum, as I have a 50-year old truck that I use to pull our travel trailer to go camping, and there is always some nuance to be learned. One of the rules there is "NO" politics,  because those people just don't seem to be able to have a civil conversation once politics come up. A guy started a thread about funny memes, for lack of a better name for it. Lots of smut, which is verboten, and the admins combed through it and removed it all. Today, a guy posted a pic of a bunch of drink cups with straws like one gets at a fast food restaurant, but the labels on the cups were "Lysol", calling it "Fake News". I pointed out that anyone who wanted to go listen to what the chump (didn't use that term there, though) said, would know just what he meant. One person said that its open to interpretation, another said it didn't matter, they were going to vote for him again anyway. It's kind of sad that people get raised in a way that, if they DO see that voting that way is not in their best interest, they would do it anyway. Those two are extremely religious. I guess that they are even better nihilists than we are claimed to be.

Oh, my Jod!
Voting for that thing ajain is gust wrong.

~That's no goke.  ;D

After Trump Hyped Chloroquine as a Covid-19 Cure, a Man Died Trying to Self-Medicate With a Version of the Chemical Used in Fish Tanks

Robert Mackey
March 24 2020, 3:33 a.m.

QuoteTHREE TIMES LAST week, Donald Trump defied expert advice and touted anecdotal evidence that the anti-malaria drug chloroquine might cure Covid-19. "It's been around for a long time," the president said on Thursday, "so we know that if things don't go as planned, it's not going to kill anybody."
On Sunday, a couple in Arizona who had heard the president describe the drug on television, and were afraid of dying from Covid-19, discovered that they had a non-medical version of the chemical chloroquine phosphate, used to clean fish tanks, among their pet supplies. Mistakenly believing that the chemical sold to pet owners, which is available online, was exactly the same as the anti-malaria drug prescribed for humans — it is not — the man, who was 68, and his wife, who was 61, tried to self-medicate by mixing one teaspoon of the bitter tasting chemical with soda and swallowing it.

Within 30 minutes, both fell ill and had to be rushed to a Phoenix-area hospital, where the man died and his wife remains under critical care.

Asked what her message to the American people would be from her devastating experience, the woman said: "Don't believe anything the President says, and his people, because they don't know what they're talking about. And don't take anything — be so careful — and call your doctor. I mean, this is a heartache I'll never get over."

:picard facepalm:

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/24/trump-hyped-chloroquine-cure-covid-19-man-arizona-took-died/

Tank

Quote from: No one on April 26, 2020, 12:23:46 AM
Well, for an inefficient asshole, he certainly produces a ton of shit.

:rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Randy

I need to read the news this morning. What did Trump do this time? I know the court allowed a lawsuit against him although I forget what it was about. My chemo brain causes lapses in memory. They usually come back but that is neither here nor there. I'm going to follow the lawsuit closely and see what happens as the days progress.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

This was very satisfying.
:tellmemore:

**Ahem**
~I meant no disrespect to the dead.

Tank

He's been making noises about not going even if he loses. Fucking wanker!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

I'd like to see him stand his ground when he is no longer president. I think he'd be kicking and screaming as they carried him out of the White House.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

He is a coward. He won't stand up to it if they military is not with him, and they won't be if he loses.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 26, 2020, 01:36:41 AM
He is a coward. He won't stand up to it if they military is not with him, and they won't be if he loses.

So true! Look at how he runs from the room when some WOMAN reporter asks him a hard question! :lol: Must be the bone spurs.  ::)