Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

what's the last thing you bought?

Started by billy rubin, November 01, 2019, 09:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

KL was an odd place. you could pick psylocybin mushrooms in the soccer fields

so we all did

and az i recall tbere were reputedly 500 opium dens in the city. i knew about 6 or 8. spent most of my free time at four of them

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: Magdalena on April 03, 2021, 09:49:24 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on April 02, 2021, 12:37:38 AM
well it was always the case when i was a kid smoking local ganja in kuala lumpur. yhe pld maijuana paranoia syndrome. but that stuff was so strong that the first time i tried it i thought it was an acid flashback. ...

Local ganja from Kuala Lumpur...Sounds...wow!

...I could be wrong... :eyebrow:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lonelycannabis.com/weed-in-kuala-lumpur/amp/
QuoteKuala Lumpur is the largest city and capital of Malaysia. The city is known for being a large modern metropolis with a skyline full of skyscrapers. Anything you might expect in an American or a European city can be found in Kuala Lumpur as well. When it comes to cannabis laws or any drug for that matter, Malaysia is very old fashioned and strict. You can find weed in Kuala Lumpur, but the risk is very high.

Cannabis laws in Malaysia
Malaysia has some of the strictest drug laws in the world. If you are caught with more than 200 grams of marijuana, you can receive the death penalty. For smaller amounts, the punishment is less severe, but still much harsher than in the US or Europe. If you have 20 grams or less on you, then a night in prison and a fine, or in some cases a bribe, will be your punishment. It is generally advisable to stay away from drugs while in Malaysia. There is a lot of police and they do watch out for people smoking weed, especially tourists, as they can ask for large bribes in case someone is caught with cannabis on them.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

billy rubin

Quote from: Magdalena on April 05, 2021, 05:25:29 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 03, 2021, 09:49:24 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on April 02, 2021, 12:37:38 AM
well it was always the case when i was a kid smoking local ganja in kuala lumpur. yhe pld maijuana paranoia syndrome. but that stuff was so strong that the first time i tried it i thought it was an acid flashback. ...

Local ganja from Kuala Lumpur...Sounds...wow!

...I could be wrong... :eyebrow:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lonelycannabis.com/weed-in-kuala-lumpur/amp/
QuoteKuala Lumpur is the largest city and capital of Malaysia. The city is known for being a large modern metropolis with a skyline full of skyscrapers. Anything you might expect in an American or a European city can be found in Kuala Lumpur as well. When it comes to cannabis laws or any drug for that matter, Malaysia is very old fashioned and strict. You can find weed in Kuala Lumpur, but the risk is very high.

Cannabis laws in Malaysia
Malaysia has some of the strictest drug laws in the world. If you are caught with more than 200 grams of marijuana, you can receive the death penalty. For smaller amounts, the punishment is less severe, but still much harsher than in the US or Europe. If you have 20 grams or less on you, then a night in prison and a fine, or in some cases a bribe, will be your punishment. It is generally advisable to stay away from drugs while in Malaysia. There is a lot of police and they do watch out for people smoking weed, especially tourists, as they can ask for large bribes in case someone is caught with cannabis on them.

its a different world now. no skyscrapers then, just monkeys and nightjars. cobras and monitor lizards in the yard.

under the british if you were an opium addict you could obtain a license to purchase and smoke opium legally. lots of the old chineze men i knew in the opjum denz were that old, az the brtish left malaya and birneo in what? 1963?

it was tolerated. ive smoked opium alongside police sergeants who hung their gunz on the wall before lying down, and ive bought heroin on tbe ztreet in the company of another police officer who waz uninterested because his beat waz among the chinese gangs.

the culture waz different. opium dens were social centers  where familiez would show off their new babies and play mah jong. i waz trwatwd az an oddity because i was western, but ive smoked alongside british rubber pkanters and french diplomats.

but the punishments now are draconian for both opium and ganja, and i would stay away. i was buzted by a sikh police sergeant and charged with possession of opium and opium zmoking utensils two weeks before i waz due to lwave the country forever. i stayed and pleadex guilty at my trial, and waz treated very leniently. they told me to go, erazed all court records, and ive never been back.

but if you like pot, the malay ganja waz spectacular. it came rollex in brown paper, about three inches by five eigths of an inch, uncleaned. cost a straits dollar  at the dime 33 us cents, about five bucks now. ive heard them called thai sticks since then. potent stuff, comparable or better than the colombian dope that was so much better than tbe pre-paraquat mexican stuff at the time.

seeing KL now would be different. the eorld has changed. but i feel the same way when i go to oklahoma as well

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

1963? That's before I was born. Sounds like you've been to a lot of places and tried a lot of things. I've never had opium, heroin, meth, or any of the Colombian (coke) or Mexican stuff.
-I'm too chicken  :sad sigh:

I believe wine continues to be my favorite drug.
-I know, boring.   :reading:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Do what you are doing Mags. That is a safer and not illegal vice that even the Jesus people indulge.   

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on April 09, 2021, 01:06:11 AM
Do what you are doing Mags. That is a safer and not illegal vice that even the Jesus people indulge.
Well, alcohol is not safer than weed, and weed should be legalized the same way alcohol is a legal drug. It's a shame that weed was associated with harder drugs. Now that we know more about it... :snicker: ...

billy rubin

lol

weed-- the leafy stuff- was mostly unavailable in britain when i was a kid. you got quid deals for hash- black paki or red or blonde lebaneze mainly.

in my own case it was LSD that led to weed

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on April 09, 2021, 08:18:07 PM
lol

weed-- the leafy stuff- was mostly unavailable in britain when i was a kid. you got quid deals for hash- black paki or red or blonde lebaneze mainly.

in my own case it was LSD that led to weed
LSD...Lucifer in the Sky with Diamonds.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on April 09, 2021, 05:42:05 AM
Well, alcohol is not safer than weed, and weed should be legalized the same way alcohol is a legal drug. It's a shame that weed was associated with harder drugs. Now that we know more about it... :snicker: ...

Oh dear :lol:

You heard it folks. Marijuana kills!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

Dark Lightning

:lol: "Reefer Madness"  ::)

Even as innocent 11-year-olds we knew that was BS.

billy rubin

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg