News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

what's the last thing you bought?

Started by billy rubin, November 01, 2019, 09:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

go on, reveal your real priorities.

these are four pushrods, to fit any 650 cc triumph motorcycle engine made between 1956 and 1972. i blew up my motorcycle engine going too ast, and these are to replace the ones that went sinusoidal at 131 mph.

what did you last spend your money on?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

New dado blade set for my table saw. I had 14 drawers for a chest I'm building that needed a dado (slot) for the slides they will ride on. Table saw with a .08" kerf blade and not a flat topped tooth would mean I'd have to chisel and then sand the bottoms of the dado flat. BTDTGTTS and it's tedious. I returned the dado blade set I bought earlier in October because when I went to install it, it wouldn't turn as the diameter was too big and it hit the brake. Made all the dadoes and then the rabbets for the bottoms of the drawers to fit into. Drawers are glued up and I'm working up through the grits of sandpaper. Started with 120 grit, now working on 180. Last is 220 grit and then a spray of shellac.

jumbojak

I'm currently awaiting an Italian made Proto ratchet. I have a fetish for 1/4" drive tools and like Proto  in general. You can email the piss out of a Proto wrench with a BFH and they never complain.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

No one

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Ha! A thread where I can expose just how much of an impulsive consumer I am! :P Love it! :grin:

Last things I bought (online) were a Stylus pen and a protective case for the still unboxed Nintendo New 3DS XL console I bought a long, long time ago.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

It's the weekend. Just open the damn thing...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

No one

Yes, everything is related to tacos. Even the Flux Capacitor.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 02, 2019, 02:36:25 PM
It's the weekend. Just open the damn thing...

I opened the box. That wasn't too hard...Luckily no demons were summoned.  :whew:

billy rubin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 02, 2019, 02:32:48 PM
Ha! A thread where I can expose just how much of an impulsive consumer I am! :P Love it! :grin:

Last things I bought (online) were a Stylus pen

. . . what is a stylus pen?

not trying to look dumb, but i guess i am.

billy rubin