News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 29, 2017, 08:39:03 PM
They can't give you the findings over the phone?  Or through their electronic medical record system?  If the MRI results are already in your chart, you can request a copy and see them now, if you want to.  I recently had a shave biopsy of a mole and the doc telephoned me two days later to tell me it was benign. 

Anyway, just saw this series of posts.  Good luck, and I trust that the results will be good.

I'm sure they could give me the results over the phone, but they don't want to. They're just weird. They've told me that they don't call you if the results show that everything is fine. I've had other tests before and when I call for the results they've told me over the phone that everything is fine.

I had an ultrasound a few weeks ago and I called for the results. They said the doctor wanted to see me. I go, and he tells me everything is fine. So I never know if the news will be good or bad, in person or over the phone.  :-\

The receptionist said, "The doctor didn't write, "urgent" on the results, so it's a follow-up appointment"...whatever that means.  ::)

Sometimes the doctors don't want to give bad news over the phone. Maybe my doctor just likes to torture his patients a little bit.  :notsure:
>:(

I don't see why he can't tell me over the phone. I mean, it's not like he's gonna tell me that I have a brain tumor, or anything like that...Oh, wait.  :o

:shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Mags wrote:

QuoteThey've told me that they don't call you if the results show that everything is fine

I have met that attitude here. In a case like yours I consider that it amounts to a breach of the duty of care. To leave anyone in a situation where they might be needlessly concerned borders on abuse. I am digusted!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Firebird

That's ridiculous. I would absolutely insist that I be told the results now, over the phone, no matter what. I think you could kick their ass a little.

Anyway, I'll be thinking of you too, I hope everything turns out ok.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on August 29, 2017, 09:39:19 PM
Mags wrote:

QuoteThey've told me that they don't call you if the results show that everything is fine

I have met that attitude here. In a case like yours I consider that it amounts to a breach of the duty of care. To leave anyone in a situation where they might be needlessly concerned borders on abuse. I am digusted!

Quote from: Firebird on August 29, 2017, 10:18:13 PM
That's ridiculous. I would absolutely insist that I be told the results now, over the phone, no matter what. I think you could kick their ass a little.

:therethere:               :therethere:
I'm sorry I've upset you guys.
I won't talk about this again until I get the results.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on August 29, 2017, 09:17:37 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 29, 2017, 08:39:03 PM
They can't give you the findings over the phone?  Or through their electronic medical record system?  If the MRI results are already in your chart, you can request a copy and see them now, if you want to.  I recently had a shave biopsy of a mole and the doc telephoned me two days later to tell me it was benign. 

Anyway, just saw this series of posts.  Good luck, and I trust that the results will be good.

I'm sure they could give me the results over the phone, but they don't want to. They're just weird. They've told me that they don't call you if the results show that everything is fine. I've had other tests before and when I call for the results they've told me over the phone that everything is fine.

I had an ultrasound a few weeks ago and I called for the results. They said the doctor wanted to see me. I go, and he tells me everything is fine. So I never know if the news will be good or bad, in person or over the phone.  :-\

The receptionist said, "The doctor didn't write, "urgent" on the results, so it's a follow-up appointment"...whatever that means.  ::)

Sometimes the doctors don't want to give bad news over the phone. Maybe my doctor just likes to torture his patients a little bit.  :notsure:

I don't see why he can't tell me over the phone. I mean, it's not like he's gonna tell me that I have a brain tumor, or anything like that...Oh, wait.  :o

:shifty:

That sucks, what kind of person wouldn't tell a patient their results when asked to, even if on the phone?  >:(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on August 29, 2017, 10:22:10 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on August 29, 2017, 09:39:19 PM
Mags wrote:

Quote from: Firebird on August 29, 2017, 10:18:13 PM

:therethere:               :therethere:

I think they are just worried about you mags.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

Yeah Mags, if it's on you mind talk about it. We all worry but we'd worry more if you went completely quiet about it.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on August 30, 2017, 02:45:06 AM
Yeah Mags, if it's on you mind talk about it. We all worry but we'd worry more if you went completely quiet about it.

:this:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 30, 2017, 02:53:02 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on August 30, 2017, 02:45:06 AM

:this:

Yup!

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on August 29, 2017, 09:17:37 PMSometimes the doctors don't want to give bad news over the phone. Maybe my doctor just likes to torture his patients a little bit.  :notsure:
Maybe it's a hustle for the doc to get that sweet appointment money.

Quote from: Magdalena on August 29, 2017, 10:22:10 PM
I think we're going to be worried about you until we know the results whether you talk about it or not. If you want or need to talk about it, then you should. If you don't want to talk about then you shouldn't.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Yes, Davin, I think the doctor just wants that sweet appointment money.
:felix: (That's not nice.)

And...Yeah, I don't want to talk about it anymore.  :-\

I appreciate all the nice comments. It wasn't my intention to worry anyone, like I said earlier, this is a heavy load for me, and I just wanted to share with all of you the reason why I'm not here as much as I would like to. I could've lied and said that the reason I'm not here as much is because I'm vacationing in Luxembourg or something like that, but that's not my style.   ::)

Anyways...

Dave

Mags, even if we can't be with you phydically or directly help you we are still there in spirit and hopes.

Share whatever you want, keep quiet about what ever you need to - but we eill still be "with" you.
:hug2:

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on August 30, 2017, 07:46:45 PM
Mags, even if we can't be with you phydically or directly help you we are still there in spirit and hopes.

Share whatever you want, keep quiet about what ever you need to - but we eill still be "with" you.
:hug2:

:grin:

Biggus Dickus

Remember Mags you are never alone, there are alway's ghost butts rubbing against you!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."