News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 17, 2020, 12:13:43 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 16, 2020, 11:59:42 PM
:secrets1: I think it's true that orchids like to be bothered very little.

Yeah, I believe so. The other day all it took was just one googly-eyed glance in their direction for a flower to shrivel up and die.  :'(

:???: Do you have snakes instead of hair? Gorgon for plants! :lol: ¡Estou brincando! I hope I got that correct.

Magdalena

Yeah, I believe so. The other day all it took was just one googly-eyed glance in their direction for a flower to shrivel up and die.  :'(
I believe you. ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 17, 2020, 01:40:59 AM

:???: Do you have snakes instead of hair? Gorgon for plants! :lol: ¡Estou brincando! I hope I got that correct.

Great minds think alike! I was about to reply that it comes from eating too much Gorgonzola cheese.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

:lol: My hair definitely needs to be tamed (first thing on my to-do list once this pandemic is over) but it is not alive!  :P

:grin: You got that correct, except for the ¡...we don't use those in Portuguese.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on September 17, 2020, 03:48:39 AM

I believe you. ;D

Heh, I will never look at orchids the same again!  ;D

But they're still pretty :tellmemore:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 17, 2020, 04:34:57 AM

Great minds think alike! I was about to reply that it comes from eating too much Gorgonzola cheese.

:lol:

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Thanks Tank and Mags for your niceness.

I find peacocks so fricken bizarre, natural selection is mostly sensible but sexual selection can be truly weird, Charley must of been on something when he invented it.  All I can say is don't fall for it girls, a fancy tail won't last or bring home the worms.
She could enjoy Mr Fancy Tail now and settle for Mr Drab Sensible later.
Ye, it might work like that, I don't think I altogether approve though.
The peacock lives at the Sydney Zoo.

On Wednesday I visited the local bat colony which is huge and right in the middle of town.
I took lots of pics and this much less than perfect thing was the best I got of one in flight.
It was late morning, they were stirred up for some reason.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 16, 2020, 12:47:39 PM

On Wednesday I visited the local bat colony which is huge and right in the middle of town.
I took lots of pics and this much less than perfect thing was the best I got of one in flight.

Approximately what size ate these bats?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 16, 2020, 12:47:39 PM
Thanks Tank and Mags for your niceness.

I find peacocks so fricken bizarre, natural selection is mostly sensible but sexual selection can be truly weird, Charley must of been on something when he invented it.  All I can say is don't fall for it girls, a fancy tail won't last or bring home the worms.
She could enjoy Mr Fancy Tail now and settle for Mr Drab Sensible later.
Ye, it might work like that, I don't think I altogether approve though.
The peacock lives at the Sydney Zoo.

I like both photos, but my favourite is the bat, because I adore bats.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on October 30, 2020, 09:51:05 AM
Approximately what size ate these bats?

There are three species in the colony, it said so on a sign I saw.

QuoteThe grey-headed flying fox is the largest bat in Australia.  Adults may have a wingspan reaching one metre in length and be up to one kilogram in weight. Weight generally varies between 600 and 1000 grams, with an average of 700 g. [6]

The combined length of the head and body is from 230 to 290 mm. The forearm length is a range from 138 to 180 mm. The length of the ear from the tip to base is 30 to 37 mm.

https://www.pmhc.nsw.gov.au/Services/Environment/Urban-wildlife/Flying-foxes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey-headed_flying_fox