News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Around My Place — HAF Photo Challenge Poll

Started by Recusant, June 28, 2020, 06:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Quote from: Tank on June 29, 2020, 01:24:36 PM
It must have been in my cache. I've copied it and added it back. You should be able to see this now.

Oh wow! That is pretty!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on June 29, 2020, 01:24:36 PM
It must have been in my cache. I've copied it and added it back. You should be able to see this now.

Got it.  Oh to have a backyard!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

Thank you, Tank. I don't know what went on with that. The original address for the image appeared to still be valid. I've put it back again, to see if it works now.

Whoever submitted that photo must be pleased with all the extra attention.  Not going to post it again.  :nu-uh:  :snicker1:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

:oooh-me!: Remember to wait a day or two so we can guess which photos belong to whom!

...Whom? Or who? :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 12, 2020, 12:49:33 AM
:oooh-me!: Remember to wait a day or two so we can guess which photos belong to whom!

...Whom? Or who? :notsure:

Whom.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Recusant

— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on July 14, 2020, 09:32:45 PM
:fingertap:  I can't make any guesses.  :lol:

Sorry Recusant, I'm afraid you'll have to sit this one out. :grin: :P

Can the guessing begin?   ;D

Recusant

I see. OK, the voting is officially closed, and no announcement will be made regarding photographers and their respective photos for an indefinite period.  :-X
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on July 14, 2020, 11:22:20 PM
I see. OK, the voting is officially closed, and no announcement will be made regarding photographers and their respective photos for an indefinite period.  :-X

Oh, I think we definitely need a deadline for the guessing game. Maybe 5 days to a week?

Randy

When will we be allowed to start guessing? I don't want to start until the rules are laid out. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Lark

Whenever the rules committee gets around to convening a meeting, I should think.  ;)

Great selection of photos and splendid number of entries. Already looking forward to the next one.  :D 

Here are my guesses:

Hermes: 2, 9, 15, 26

Recusant: 6, 12, 23

Tank: 5

(I should explain why I chose number 5 for Tank. We visited with him several years ago, and he recommended we visit the Leeds Museum. When we went, we saw a wonderful set of elephant armour, and the photo reminded me of that very pleasant time.)

Recusant

Thank you for getting things rolling, Lark. Since "an indefinite period" doesn't seem satisfactory, I'll announce the names in five days.  :ppe:

Here are the photos again, and I'll try to post them on the next page as well.

— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

I can only hazard a few guesses:

7 - I want to say Old Git, but he isn't around much anymore
27 - Nick
28 - Tank

Curious as to who has the TARDIS looking thing, and the lovely cats.  Whoever has the kitchen in 3 has my sincerest envy.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany