News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Things that make you chuckle

Started by Dave, September 06, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

I never got around to teaching my mother how to use a computer. The cellphone was bad enough! I'm glad she never bought a computer.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

well, i dont know whether to chuckle or not.

the possums have decided thatstrict nocturnality is their go-to lifestyle, so they sleep all day and only show up for recreation afdter dark.

but the coons are somewhat different. highly curious, active, and unfortuneately reflexively arboreal.

not a good match for a house full of bookshelves

i thionk more consistent confinement is in order

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

no its a sincere admirer though

im going to give them a bucket of paint next and generate some jackson pollock

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on June 11, 2020, 11:45:39 AM

im going to give them a bucket of paint next and generate some jackson pollock

:thumbsup2:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on June 08, 2020, 01:07:31 PM
well, i dont know whether to chuckle or not.

i thionk more consistent confinement is in order

I'm chuckling this morning. Sorry it's at your expense.  :snicker1:
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on June 11, 2020, 11:45:39 AM

im going to give them a bucket of paint next and generate some jackson pawpollock

;D

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

That has to be the funniest picture I've seen all year. :lol:

Randy

Things that make me chuckle: Reading the troll post thread. :)

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

lol

i have added a new scar

i was trying to remove a stuck bearing race from the headstock of an old motorcycle frame imworking on. tapping didnt do it so i flipped it upzide down and applied heat from a propane torch.

not wearing a shirt, itz about 35 C even without the torch

when suddenly the frame flipped and planted the hot  necktube right into my solar plexus

no blisters or fluid. the hot frame tube gave me a p erfectly dry third degree burn in the zhape of a perfect half circle twoinches across, then  cauterized the injury and turned the excesz skin to ash.

it would have been nicer if id gotten a perfect circle but im not intending to revizit the experien e to complete one.

so well see how it ends up in a week or so.  i often discover cuts and bruizes after the fact that i dindnt notice while obtaining them, but i noticed tbis right away