News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

And what precisely is wrong with The Asmo's Divine Weather Delivery Service, may He ask?! :rant1:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

There have been weather warning issued in the north of England and Scotland for hailstones potentially up to 3cm (1 1/4") in diameter. We are just on the southern edge of the warning zone. They could be here 3 to 8 hours from now.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

cool!

dont stand under them

even shilling sized hail can whack you pretty good

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on June 25, 2023, 09:39:45 AMThere have been weather warning issued in the north of England and Scotland for hailstones potentially up to 3cm (1 1/4") in diameter. We are just on the southern edge of the warning zone. They could be here 3 to 8 hours from now.
Daym! That's pretty much ping pong ball hail, only heavier and made from ice.

Hide your car and wear an helmet, I suppose..?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

It never happened. Which is good I suppose.

billy rubin

canada is stil on fire. this is the view to the west on my way home today

Tank

billy rubin

worse today. the particulates were so bad it made a fog thick enough i kept running off the road.

we dont normally get british-level fog.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on June 30, 2023, 01:19:59 AMworse today. the particulates were so bad it made a fog thick enough i kept running off the road.

we dont normally get british-level fog.

We don't get that sort of fog either.

Asmodean

So that Canada situation... Are they trying to control the fires, let it burn or some combination of the two? Or is there even a plan?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

there are too many to put out--100s-- and lots are burning out of control

my daughter is in oregon putting out fires there

and setting backfires too

shes training in helicoptering in last i heard

hermes2015

We had fairly heavy snow falls this morning, but it's a warmish 9° outside now. Since our clever architects are under the mistaken impression that this is a warm country, our buildings are not designed for winter conditions. I can't be bothered to light a fire in my fireplace, though.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

ill bet you sit in the dark because its too much trouble to get up and switch on the lights, too

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on July 10, 2023, 11:44:52 PMill bet you sit in the dark because its too much trouble to get up and switch on the lights, too

:grin:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames