Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Awww.  :therethere:
I'm sorry to hear this, Firebird.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Firebird on October 26, 2019, 04:44:34 AM
Thanks everyone.
We made the tough decision to put her down tonight. It was painful, but also the right thing to do. I was there and she was clearly deteriorating. Even if she got better we only would have gotten a couple more months with chemo. It wouldn't have been fair to her to keep trying to prop her up.
We'll tell the 3 year old tomorrow morning and see how it goes. She's resilient but also loved her a lot, so it could go either way.

:( :therethere:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Siz

Grumpy? Yeah.
Billy Zedding Rubin is why.

I come home to find this interloper in my house using zeds like they're going out of fashion. And in place of perfectly adequate esses. They're not even inserted where they sound like zeds. It's a disruption to the whole letter economy. Don't come running to me when the esses revolt, and the zeds start demanding equal writes!

Why, Billy? Why?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

billy rubin

i am deeply sorry. i had a traumatic education and the horror i experienced has forever scarred my ability to express myself in methods of communication other than shouts and screams

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Buddy

The entire computer system is down for the whole greater Michigan/northern Indiana market. We can't process transactions, open any accounts, or do any account maintenance. Who knows how long it will take for everything to come back up.  :fingertap:
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ecurb Noselrub

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

A reason to be grumpy: time flies so fast, I can never get everything I want done.

billy rubin

my foot hurts.

i live in a hundred-year old house with worn-out softwood floors, and my lovely wife has just finished digging a splinter out of the bottom of my foot that i've been trying to ignore for three days.

like this, except foot-like

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Dark Lightning

:lol:

I usually just let the wood turn to poison and then the splinter pops out along with the pus.  ;D

I don't think that that splinter mark in the picture is going to buff out.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on October 30, 2019, 11:47:42 PM
I don't think that that splinter mark in the picture is going to buff out.

:notsure: No...I don't think it is.

:snicker:

Tom62

Wasted four hours on my valuable spare time to finish a bloody Java programming challenge for the second part of a job interview. The challenge had little to do with programming itself, but more with how to use certain complex frameworks. Although I managed to do the challenge in time, I should have told him to stick it in a place where the sun doesn't shine. I expected a single exercise, the challenge however had twelve. Is that kind of behaviour acceptable nowadays? Maybe I should send them a big bill.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

lol

when i do a job interview they put me in a 32,000 pound truck with a 50-foot turning radius and then go look for 30-foot corners.

sometimes the truck weighs 83,000 pounds and has a 48-foot trailer, and they tell me to back it up through their congested yard to the gate 500 feet away.

Tom62

Quote from: billy rubin on November 01, 2019, 09:31:13 PM
lol

when i do a job interview they put me in a 32,000 pound truck with a 50-foot turning radius and then go look for 30-foot corners.

sometimes the truck weighs 83,000 pounds and has a 48-foot trailer, and they tell me to back it up through their congested yard to the gate 500 feet away.

Now that would be a real challenge and far more fun.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on November 01, 2019, 07:47:45 PM
Wasted four hours on my valuable spare time to finish a bloody Java programming challenge for the second part of a job interview. The challenge had little to do with programming itself, but more with how to use certain complex frameworks. Although I managed to do the challenge in time, I should have told him to stick it in a place where the sun doesn't shine. I expected a single exercise, the challenge however had twelve. Is that kind of behaviour acceptable nowadays? Maybe I should send them a big bill.

Job interviews - Exploiting people before they're employed.