News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

Thankfully yes.  the animals were in the other house on the property. The house is a total loss though. I'll bet my car that it was the fucking cigarettes that my stepdads dad smokes and doesn't put out properly, seeing as the fire started on the front porch and he was the only one home at the time
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Stuff can be replaced. It's the family that's important. Sucks though.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

I'm just so tired. I feel like I've been through an emotional wringer this year and I just want it to stop. I know it's just stuff but a lot of it was my stuff that I had collected for when I could finally move out on my own.

jumbojak

Buddy

Dark Lightning

Everyone is alright, that's important. I have "stuff" that I'd be sorry to lose, as well.

hermes2015

That's terrible news. Happy to hear, though, that everyone is OK.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on October 06, 2019, 10:51:49 PM
Our house burnt down

That's an absolute shitter. Good that nobody was hurt and all the pets are safe.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on October 07, 2019, 12:29:25 AM
I'm just so tired. I feel like I've been through an emotional wringer this year and I just want it to stop. I know it's just stuff but a lot of it was my stuff that I had collected for when I could finally move out on my own.

:therethere: It's totally understandable that you feel that way, you put effort and money into collecting things for your own place. It's as if it's progress towards a goal -- moving out -- and now maybe you feel backtracked. Even so, losing your stuff won't destroy your plans of getting your own place, it might only take a little longer to do so. Or not, who knows? Maybe you'll catch a break soon and life will get easier. Hang in there.  :hug2:

The truly important thing is you, your family and pets are unscathed.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Woke up at 2 AM and couldn't go back to sleep. Finally got up at 4 AM and went out to the kitchen and had a cup of coffee. Work up early yesterday, too.

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on October 06, 2019, 10:51:49 PM
Our house burnt down
Awww, Buddy. I'm sorry to hear this. Good thing everyone is OK. This is a reason to be grumpy, sad and worried.  :therethere:  I hope things get better and back to "normal" soon.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

That sucks, Buddy. Sorry to hear about that.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.