News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 30, 2019, 06:16:36 AM
My deepest sympathies,  Essie Mae.
^^^
This.  :console:
My deepest sympathies from me as well,  Essie Mae.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on September 29, 2019, 05:04:36 PM
I'm pretty sure I have broken some ribs. This just sucks.
How do you feel? Do you feel better?
I hope you do.  :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

Quote from: Magdalena on September 30, 2019, 07:45:44 AM

How do I feel? Like someone is leaning on my chest. Not getting much better yet.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on September 30, 2019, 07:22:05 AM
^^^
I ad in mine as well.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Quote from: jumbojak on September 30, 2019, 01:56:50 PM

How do I feel? Like someone is leaning on my chest. Not getting much better yet.
Have you seen a doctor? They'll heal on their own most of the time (if you let them), but sometimes they need help. A doc will need to put pressure on them at least, but x-rays might be needed. 1 out of 5 times, broken ribs need to be fixed because they won't heal correctly on their own.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

jumbojak

A doctor isn't an option for me right now. I'm still paying on the heart attack this spring and I can't afford another hospital bill on top of that. The entire idea of having health insurance seems increasingly pointless to me. It's more expensive to have it when you need it than to go without...

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Davin on September 30, 2019, 03:50:15 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 30, 2019, 07:22:05 AM
^^^
I ad in mine as well.

And mine.  Sorry to hear this.

Davin

Quote from: jumbojak on September 30, 2019, 04:12:44 PM
A doctor isn't an option for me right now. I'm still paying on the heart attack this spring and I can't afford another hospital bill on top of that. The entire idea of having health insurance seems increasingly pointless to me. It's more expensive to have it when you need it than to go without...
Part of the problem with insurance is that whether you buy into it or not, if need medical help, you're paying for insurance. Because a lot of the lower costs from insurance sponsored medical care are fake discounts, which is why we see ridiculous prices like $100 for two Aspirins. That's not because they're trying to gauge people for medicine, at least not entirely. It's because in order to make medical procedures look like "discounts" for the insurance companies, they have to move the cost around. So you pay less for one thing, but the hospital still needs to make up the cost so they make other things more expensive. Which screws people coming in without insurance because they get none of the discounts and all of the price increases.

That makes me grumpy.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on September 29, 2019, 11:17:44 PM
I'm sitting here in a Kent hotel in preparation for my brother's funeral tomorrow. ...

Sorry to hear of your loss. All the more unexpected due to his age and the nature of his illness. Condolences to you and your whole family.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Please include my condolences too Essie.

Magdalena

I'm sorry to hear that, jj.
:therethere:

jumbojak

Quote from: Magdalena on October 01, 2019, 02:08:41 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, jj.
:therethere:

It's my own fault.

Buddy

My boss's boss is here all day so we have to be on our best behavior :fingertap:
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Bad Penny II

QuoteA New Zealand man has been jailed for 14 days and fined $2,500 for poisoning 406 wedge-tailed eagles at three remote properties in Victoria's east.

That's horrendous, apparently eagles travel great distances to find a territory so he's not just killing local birds.  Punishment is totally inadequate, ten years seems more appropriate, or something mediaevally creative.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.