News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: Velma on October 27, 2012, 05:49:53 PM
Oh, great Asmo, I am not evil enough to implement such a plan.  I am pathologically nice.   :-[

Just post her email address. We'll take care of the rest.   :D

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Asmodean

Yes! If one prayeth to His Grayness hard enough and provideth Him with the e-mail and some offerings of baby burgers and pottery wheels, then the evil deeds will surely magically do themselves. So sayeth The Book™.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Velma

Thanks folks.  I feel much better.  She's declared a truce for the moment.  I'll see what happens.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Velma on October 27, 2012, 02:34:15 AM
Apparently a former friend of mine has been making some nasty comments about me on a facebook page - bad enough to make folks who only know me tangentially unfriend her.  I've not read most of it yet, but I don't think I'm going to try to argue with her directly.  At this point, it would do no good.  I think I'm going to start by apologizing to the page for my personal drama cluttering up the place and remind my former friend that bringing up past actions of mine that she now sees as 'bad' is not addressing why my difference of opinion with her is worth this much drama.

I agree with everyone who said that you shouldn't get too caught up in it, at the end of the day people like that aren't worth the hassle, you could spend months trying to explain why the person pulling all kinds of rumours out of herass is wrong and is doing it for malicious or suspect reasons, but it's actually much easier for them to keep at it and spread lies behind your back than for you to find out about everything they're doing and start a tiresome and potentially endless campaign to correct them and expose it as slander.

True friends are worth it, and in the end they matter more.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

Eh, she'd already blown her credibility on that page with her own actions.  Besides, anyone I already know who has seen it knows the truth and there is nothing I can do about those who accept her version of the events.  At this point I'm more sad than angry.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Asmodean

Quote from: Velma on October 28, 2012, 01:43:47 AM
Thanks folks.  I feel much better.  She's declared a truce for the moment.  I'll see what happens.
Do not accept it. Truce is the best time for a massive counterattack.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Velma

Grumble, mutter, cuss...I should be asleep.  However even after pain medication, my back still hurts.  This hotel bed is not helping - it is as comfortable as a piece of plywood.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on March 07, 2013, 08:45:18 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 07, 2013, 08:43:40 AM
have 3-5 hours to make part of a costume and i just dont feel like sewing shit. meeeh
How the hell do you sew shit!
It comes and goes XD I just make stuff up for the most part.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Velma

I'm going to quit reading articles that the Arthritis Foundation sends me.  I've just found out that people of all ages with RA have a greater chance of falling than people over the age of 65.  As if we didn't have enough to worry about.

Asmodean

Quote from: Crow on October 10, 2013, 01:53:33 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on October 10, 2013, 01:42:24 AM
Nah... Threats with antiquated warrior societies will most likely fail. Getting someone arrested and tossed in a cell by the real law, THAT would send a message to most people.

Now that's payback, how long would Ali have to wait to get payback, the kid is 5 or 6 and guessing that the legal age for prison is 16 or 18 then that's 10 to 12 years Ali has to concoct her plan, Edmond Dantès would be impressed.
Yes. Cold vengeance on the rocks.  :D And as for cause... Well, if there is no real dirt, there is always fictional dirt easily achieved with some strategic planting of evidence.  :D

If hot vengeance is desired, however... Get the kid in foster care or some such. More collateral damage, but hey, it's quicker.  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Asmodean

Quote from: Amicale on January 30, 2014, 08:45:41 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
Quote from: Amicale on January 30, 2014, 08:15:51 PM
This is mainly why I haven't been posting much. I'm grumpy and down and keeping my mouth shut is hard but I do it so I don't come across as a cynical, judgmental jaded asshole.
Pfft. Why should you be any different from the rest of us?  :D

A lot of people here seem to be under the odd delusion that I'm the "nice one". I'm sure eventually they'll drop that idea and realize I can be as much of a cynical grump as the rest of everyone else. ;)
Ooh! Ooh! The Gray One will grumpily accept that challenge, should it be posed.  :D Been some time since any one tried to out-Asmo The Asmo.  :D

oO(Tank and those hearts in His Divine Eye Sockets...  >:( )

*mutter /*
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on February 03, 2014, 10:04:36 AM
Quote from: Amicale on January 30, 2014, 08:45:41 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
Quote from: Amicale on January 30, 2014, 08:15:51 PM
This is mainly why I haven't been posting much. I'm grumpy and down and keeping my mouth shut is hard but I do it so I don't come across as a cynical, judgmental jaded asshole.
Pfft. Why should you be any different from the rest of us?  :D

A lot of people here seem to be under the odd delusion that I'm the "nice one". I'm sure eventually they'll drop that idea and realize I can be as much of a cynical grump as the rest of everyone else. ;)
Ooh! Ooh! The Gray One will grumpily accept that challenge, should it be posed.  :D Been some time since any one tried to out-Asmo The Asmo.  :D

oO(Tank and those hearts in His Divine Eye Sockets...  >:( )

*mutter /*
I've changed my avatar a couple of times since then. Has it not changed for you?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 02, 2014, 08:17:33 PMSomebody at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles fucked up with the insurance company and now my license is suspended until further notice. I spent all morning on phone with them and they are just as rude and unhelpful as ever. I swear, if there is a hell, it's the BMV.
A few years ago, I had a similar experience with my MVD (Motor Vehicle Department). I switched insurance companies, and the one I switched from waited a whole month to actually cancel... when they finally did, they told the MVD that I was no longer covered, the MVD then suspended my registration due to no insurance coverage. I found out by getting pulled over and having my license plate taken. I was able to avoid the fines by bringing in all my insurance paper work to the judge on my court date, but I still had to pay a bit to get my license plate back and spend 8 hours at the only MVD that is open on Saturday. It's amazing how much work it takes to clear up someone's simple mistake.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Kody

Quote from: Davin on February 03, 2014, 04:19:16 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 02, 2014, 08:17:33 PMSomebody at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles fucked up with the insurance company and now my license is suspended until further notice. I spent all morning on phone with them and they are just as rude and unhelpful as ever. I swear, if there is a hell, it's the BMV.
A few years ago, I had a similar experience with my MVD (Motor Vehicle Department). I switched insurance companies, and the one I switched from waited a whole month to actually cancel... when they finally did, they told the MVD that I was no longer covered, the MVD then suspended my registration due to no insurance coverage. I found out by getting pulled over and having my license plate taken. I was able to avoid the fines by bringing in all my insurance paper work to the judge on my court date, but I still had to pay a bit to get my license plate back and spend 8 hours at the only MVD that is open on Saturday. It's amazing how much work it takes to clear up someone's simple mistake.

A similar thing happened to me. I received a letter in the mail saying my registration was no longer valid after swapping insurance companies due to lack of insurance coverage. I sent in proof of insurance to the DMV via mail. A few weeks later they sent a letter saying my registration was valid and I could start driving my car again.

I didn't suffer as much as you and Bud, but apparently I was supposed to stop driving my insured car due to an insurance paperwork glitch. Glad I didn't get pulled over during the period it was getting cleared up.

It seems like this may not be a rare occurrence.

Ali

Quote from: Bruno on August 08, 2014, 03:34:19 PM
Fresh lemonade is da bomb, and if you haven't already try it with fresh mint, and if you need it a little sweeter try covering the rim of the glass with natural cane sugar. (We need a yummy smiley)

Dear Bruno,
Do you ever just lay on your couch and eat pizza rolls (not organic goat cheese and spinach whole wheat pizza rolls, like, Totino's).  Inquiring minds want to know.

Sincerely,
Drinking 64oz of Diet Coke for Breakfast in Denver