News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

good ol don jr

Started by billy rubin, October 25, 2021, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

her body isnt even cold, and donald trump jr is selling T shirts to try to twist the knife in his daddy's critics

https://shopdonjr.com/collections/apparel/products/guns-dont-kill-people-mens-apparel-1

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Yeah, the turd doesn't fall far from the orifice. And sad to say, they're probably going to sell like hotcakes.

Biggus Dickus

Remember now, they're really good Christian folk. God fearing, loving, kind, Pro-Life... :???:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tom62

That is truly disgusting.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

No one

Scumbag is as scumbag does.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tom62 on October 26, 2021, 10:41:53 AM
That is truly disgusting.

Insensitive to Alec Baldwin for sure but there's much more disgusting things going on.

Here a manager whose negligence leads to the death of a worker can be jailed, a reasonable outcome I think.  I don't know what his responsibilities as a producer were.

From my position of total ignorance regarding firearms (besides media references,) I find it bizarre that they allow a gun that is capable of firing a bullet on a filmset.  Are blanks dangerous? like in that In Bruges movie?  Well don't use those either, just add the bang noise later.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

theses daysvthey often use real guns because the weight and mechanical sounds of the gun are correct.

sylvestor stallone had difficulties with his prop guns guringvthe rambo shootings because theyvwere real and hard to get through customs

the warehouse scene in lord of war of nicholas cage in front of thousands of stacked ak47s used a real warehouse full of real ak47s because itcwas cheaper to find an arms dealer than to come up with fake weapons

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Bad Penny II

Quote from: billy rubin on October 26, 2021, 12:27:08 PM
theses daysvthey often use real guns because the weight and mechanical sounds of the gun are correct.

sylvestor stallone had difficulties with his prop guns guringvthe rambo shootings because theyvwere real and hard to get through customs

the warehouse scene in lord of war of nicholas cage in front of thousands of stacked ak47s used a real warehouse full of real ak47s because itcwas cheaper to find an arms dealer than to come up with fake weapons

Who is going to know and care that the sounds and weights aren't right besides gun fetishists?
Have a real gun and fill it with glue so you can't get a bullet in there, remove the bit that whacks the bullet and add another redundancy or two.  The weight will be good, a later added sound will be better, they probably add the sound later anyway.

So much suspension of disbelief in movies and tv but guns have to be really real?

billy rubin

i think your opinion is the only one thats not insane.

but on real firearms, i think its a new and regrettable fashion. back in the old days prop guns were molded in hard rubber, iirc.

the first step obviously is to ban genuine ammunition from all movie sets completely. there is no reason to have cartridges with real bullets anywhere near a motion picture production, no matter what the safety procedures are.

what could they be thinking?

jumbojak

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 26, 2021, 12:47:43 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on October 26, 2021, 12:27:08 PM

Who is going to know and care that the sounds and weights aren't right besides gun fetishists?
Have a real gun and fill it with glue so you can't get a bullet in there, remove the bit that whacks the bullet and add another redundancy or two.  The weight will be good, a later added sound will be better, they probably add the sound later anyway.

So much suspension of disbelief in movies and tv but guns have to be really real?

You could do all that and it might prevent some future accidents. A better strategy would be to teach anyone on set basic firearms safety if they are in a position to handle firearms. Treat every gun as if it is loaded. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire. Know your target and what's beyond. And finally, don't point a gun at anything you aren't willing to destroy.

Alec Baldwin broke every fucking rule one after another. Had he followed any one of them this tragedy would probably have never happened. My five year old niece has a better grasp of basic safety than he does and now he has to pay the price for his ignorance.

Honestly, the idea of nerfing props could be less safe than using a real gun and practicing basic safety. As soon as it's known you can't be hurt people tend to become very casual with things and should a real gun find its way on set, like that live round that never should have been there did, the risk of injury or death skyrockets.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

Quote from: jumbojak on October 26, 2021, 02:11:13 PMAnd finally, don't point a gun at anything you aren't willing to destroy.

Well, that's not going to fkn work is it, I'm sure Bruce Willis didn't really want to destroy Alan Rickman in that die hard movie, but the role said point the gun at him.  They are actors, give them movie props, paint them pink, make them black later.

jumbojak

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 26, 2021, 02:35:51 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on October 26, 2021, 02:11:13 PMAnd finally, don't point a gun at anything you aren't willing to destroy.

Well, that's not going to fkn work is it, I'm sure Bruce Willis didn't really want to destroy Alan Rickman in that die hard movie, but the role said point the gun at him.  They are actors, give them movie props, paint them pink, make them black later.

I don't see why it couldn't work. We aren't looking down the sights when watching on screen. Just point in the person's direction and reduce the risk of a tragedy. But even if we allow an actor to point a prop at another actor that's a very different thing than what Baldwin did. He pointed a gun at backstage staff.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz