News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

north korea

Started by billy rubin, October 13, 2021, 11:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

is there a north korea thread?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D3u-pKYgnNHw&ved=2ahUKEwiaxeHZvcjzAhVHnuAKHZnGDm4QwqsBegQIAxAF&usg=AOvVaw21Fdrsitg-ZcujZWdXwDKi

this culture is weird

thats kimjong uns little sister in the back row

the political culture obsesses with the need to repel invaders, yet to my knowledge there isnt anything in north korea that anybody wants

could bevwrong, i suppise

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

I'll wager that the Norwegian bowman who just killed 5 people (who knows why)  can take care of these brick buster types.  Who needs AK47s when you have a skilled archer who is sufficiently stealthy?

billy rubin

koreans have a history of archery as well

but tbe whole idea of macho martial arts soldiers is surreal. modern battles arent won with hand to hand combat.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on October 14, 2021, 01:25:34 AM
I'll wager that the Norwegian bowman who just killed 5 people (who knows why)  can take care of these brick buster types.  Who needs AK47s when you have a skilled archer who is sufficiently stealthy?

I could hide in some shrubbery and take a lot of people out with my .22 rifle if I were so inclined (I'm not). I can put 10 rounds into a quarter-coin sized area at 50 yards, if it isn't moving. Doesn't take an AK to do the job.

Also, I showed one of my sons that video. He pointed out that some of those blocks of alleged concrete were really just foam. We also noticed that the sticks that were used to strike the guys broke at intervals which indicate that they had been sawn. Completely phony shit, in my book.

billy rubin

what kind of 22 does that?

Icarus

22 Hornet.  A good marksman can do some considerable harm with an an ordinary 22 rifle using standard LR ammunition.

My wife can use our High Standard 22 pistol to kill some paper targets, with eight inch rings, at 20 yards.  My father was a marksman.  His game was to fasten a bottle cap to a log with a nail.  At 50 feet, the object was to drive the nail with the 22 . The cap would fall off if the nail was hit.  He was really good at it.  Me, never as good.  I could hit a barn door at 20 feet then lie about the small size of the door 

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on October 14, 2021, 03:38:25 AM
what kind of 22 does that?

Mine is a Ruger k1022t, which is a carbine with a 20" bull barrel. I have a (cheap) BSA scope with parallax adjustment and an aftermarket trigger assembly that has cnc-machined components for crisp, reliable firing. I have an aftermarket Hogue thumb hole stock for better ergonomics for my old hands.

As currently configured-

Here's a pic of some of my better shooting. I'm actually not all that good. I've seen guys shoot single bull's eyes that take out the "x" in the center without tearing the ring.

billy rubin

considering that i m lucky not to hit myself when i shoot a gun, id say those are pretty good patterns

Dark Lightning

I'll admit to being pleased, but I'm striving to do better. One of my younger brothers was quite the marksman and could shoot a lot of times into the same hole. I can do it once in a great while. One more improvement might be made by having specs made that place the focal "sweet spot" near the top inside corner of the lens on my glasses, to reduce aberration. Of course, I haven't shot in over a year due to the exorbitant price of ammunition. I think the prices are coming down, but at one point .22 Long Rifle had quintupled in price.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on October 16, 2021, 05:13:12 PM
I'll admit to being pleased, but I'm striving to do better. One of my younger brothers was quite the marksman and could shoot a lot of times into the same hole. I can do it once in a great while. One more improvement might be made by having specs made that place the focal "sweet spot" near the top inside corner of the lens on my glasses, to reduce aberration. Of course, I haven't shot in over a year due to the exorbitant price of ammunition. I think the prices are coming down, but at one point .22 Long Rifle had quintupled in price.

How much does ammo cost?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Anywhere from $.12 to $.40 per round, depending on quality. Here's a site that sells a lot of ammo. Can't ship to California, though.
https://www.midwayusa.com/22-long-rifle/br?cid=23991

I generally use CCI Mini-Mag 40 grain plated lead round nose, which is down to $.12 a round. I was buying it for $.09 a round, but it went way up. You can find it on page 5 at the url I posted. There are 6 pages of ammo listed. Only the stuff on the first page is available. Our local gun stores have empty shelves. That ammo is not available. Everybody started hoarding it starting with the 2016 election, and it got worse in 2020. I see online where people have upwards of 100k rounds of it, and bragging about it. That's a lot of money...and they're being pigs about it.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on October 16, 2021, 08:13:29 PM
Anywhere from $.12 to $.40 per round, depending on quality. Here's a site that sells a lot of ammo. Can't ship to California, though.

I generally use CCI Mini-Mag 40 grain plated lead round nose, which is down to $.12 a round. I was buying it for $.09 a round, but it went way up. You can find it on page 5 at the url I posted. There are 6 pages of ammo listed. Only the stuff on the first page is available. Our local gun stores have empty shelves. That ammo is not available. Everybody started hoarding it starting with the 2016 election, and it got worse in 2020. I see online where people have upwards of 100k rounds of it, and bragging about it. That's a lot of money...and they're being pigs about it.

I followed the link and have undoubtedly flagged up on a watch list somewhere :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

for rimfire???? why???

:o

who in hell is going to overthrow the government with a 22?

wait, i'm sorry. the trumpers might think that a 22 is a military grade caliber.

Dark Lightning

^ Nobody with a brain, that's for sure. It isn't just .22 ammo, though. There is little of anything left. I think my son said that there were a few boxes of some unusual rounds that probably only a handful of people use.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tank on October 16, 2021, 08:25:34 PM

I followed the link and have undoubtedly flagged up on a watch list somewhere :)

:lol: When they find out you're in England, they'll send James Bond for you.