News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Im going to hell

Started by Xiilent, March 27, 2012, 12:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Ahahaha, ceiling cat and basement cat are buddies.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 31, 2012, 06:06:32 AM
I thought they were mortal enemies?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on March 31, 2012, 07:10:26 AM

But ceiling cat created poor basement cat, it's not basement cat's fault he didn't like ceilings and preferred dark basements.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Sweetdeath

No, no. Ceiling cat is enemies with monorail cat.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

history_geek

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 31, 2012, 07:34:42 PM

I heard that they had to drop monorail cats due to budget cuts and replace them with monorail squirrels (now I know the picture is out there somewhere....) :-\
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Amicale

Quote from: history_geek on March 31, 2012, 09:40:31 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 31, 2012, 07:34:42 PM

I heard that they had to drop monorail cats due to budget cuts and replace them with monorail squirrels (now I know the picture is out there somewhere....) :-\

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

history_geek

^^Ha, good ones! :D But the one I had in mind was this ;) :

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Sweetdeath

Omg, so cuuute!!
I wish I had a better camera phone, so I can take a photo of monorail rat. XD My Mikoto is so fat , and she loves to hang out ontop of her cage.

Hector Valdez

Wow. So we went from talking about going to hell to mono-rail squirrels, as the topic indicated, was a troll threat! OMG! (Not to say that the original post was a troll, but rather that in the process of discussing something that normally is a troll, we began to treat it as such.)

I don't have problems with people telling me I'm going to hell. I do, however, cringe whenever someone offers to "pray for X/Y/Z/ME".

Amicale

Quote from: The Semaestro on April 01, 2012, 05:27:45 PM
Wow. So we went from talking about going to hell to mono-rail squirrels, as the topic indicated, was a troll threat! OMG! (Not to say that the original post was a troll, but rather that in the process of discussing something that normally is a troll, we began to treat it as such.)

I don't have problems with people telling me I'm going to hell. I do, however, cringe whenever someone offers to "pray for X/Y/Z/ME".

LOL, I love your signature line for today! Former Catholic, I see.  ;D

If someone tells me they'll pray for me, I have no problem with that. I just see it as them wanting to offer well wishes for whatever situation I'm in.

Sweetdeath

I usually laugh really loudly when someone wants to pray "or blesses me."  It's kinda like a reflex. :)

Asmodean

What do gas pries have to do with monorail? Are those not electric?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

history_geek

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 01, 2012, 06:16:38 PM"or blesses me."

It's only cool when Tobuscus says it  ;)

But personally I have no idea how I would react, because no-one has ever told me to go to hell. Not even in the interwebs, which I think means that I'm either lucky or a very unnoticeable person O_o

And if someone said that they will pray for me I would mostly likely feel awkward. Like that time when I went to Oulu by train and as I was coming back, an old lady stepped off before me at a different stop. I nodded (like I always do) as she went pass my seat next to the cart door, and she said "Jesus loves you too", and went her merry way. I was a bit stunned, and checked what if my shirt or other clothes had some logo or something that would have prompted her to say something like that. Now that I think about it, it might be my goatee and rather short hair that makes me a "target" -_- Because there was that one guy in our villages stores parking lot that just suddenly walked up to my car as I was loading up the bags and gave me a small booklet about a church event at a neighboring town...that was about a year ago, I think. Weird.

Stevil

It's a guise.
The important bit for these people is when they tell you that they are going to pray for you.
If the prayer were important then they would just pray without the need to tell you about it.

Amicale

Quote from: Stevil on April 01, 2012, 09:56:41 PM
It's a guise.
The important bit for these people is when they tell you that they are going to pray for you.
If the prayer were important then they would just pray without the need to tell you about it.

That's a good point, Stevil. Maybe the people saying they'll pray for you are trying to show off their strong faith, or trying to make you feel better, or trying to make themselves feel better, or all the above. I don't know. I do know though that a few family friends of ours are very, VERY Christian (one Baptist, one Pentecostal, one another denomination). As family friends naturally tend to find out stuff about your life, these folks found out stuff about my life they didn't like or approve of. And I do know that although none of them going around saying 'we're praying for you!' all the time, I've heard though other people that my name is on church prayer chains. Or at least, it was. Maybe they've given up by now. Several years is a long time to pray I've seen the error of my ways! :D