News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

It's Sunday. What are you going to do today?

Started by Tank, February 14, 2021, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

my wife is the dishwasher here. whenever i do them, she holds them up to the light and puts them back in the sink. so i've given up

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on February 28, 2021, 06:16:50 PM
my wife is the dishwasher here. whenever i do them, she holds them up to the light and puts them back in the sink. so i've given up

Bullshit! We know full well you deliberately washed them poorly enough so you don't get to do it!  :snicker1:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

I trimmed the hedge in my garden today, because between March 1st and September 30th, all hedge cutting is forbidden, according to the German Federal Nature Conservation Act. During this period no large cuts are allowed on "hedges, living fences, bushes and other woody plants. The reason behind the law is that bushes and trees provide homes for native birds, insects, and other animals, and offer them protection against their natural predators. The green areas provide them a place for sleeping and resting, and for mating season. Anyone who breaks the law can be fined up to 50,000 euros!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on February 28, 2021, 07:49:01 PM

Bullshit! We know full well you deliberately washed them poorly enough so you don't get to do it!  :snicker1:

well, it is true that i wash to a different drummer.

but i coul dhave them sandblasted after dinner and she'd still reject them.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on February 28, 2021, 08:01:56 PM
I trimmed the hedge in my garden today, because between March 1st and September 30th, all hedge cutting is forbidden, according to the German Federal Nature Conservation Act. During this period no large cuts are allowed on "hedges, living fences, bushes and other woody plants. The reason behind the law is that bushes and trees provide homes for native birds, insects, and other animals, and offer them protection against their natural predators. The green areas provide them a place for sleeping and resting, and for mating season. Anyone who breaks the law can be fined up to 50,000 euros!

Wow, 50 000 euros?  :o
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 28, 2021, 06:14:05 PM
... Time to go load the dishwasher and start it...

*Grumble* You have a dishwasher *Grumble* I wish I had a dishwasher. *Grumble*

I am the dishwasher here. At least there's music to make it more tolerable.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on February 28, 2021, 08:09:58 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 28, 2021, 07:49:01 PM

well, it is true that i wash to a different drummer.

but i coul dhave them sandblasted after dinner and she'd still reject them.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 28, 2021, 08:59:55 PM

50,000 was indeed quoted in a newspaper. That could have been a typing mistake, because I read in another newspaper that the maximum fine is 10,000 EUR. Even that I find crazy.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Randy

Quote from: Tom62 on February 28, 2021, 09:53:33 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 28, 2021, 08:59:55 PM

50,000 was indeed quoted in a newspaper. That could have been a typing mistake, because I read in another newspaper that the maximum fine is 10,000 EUR. Even that I find crazy.
Yeah that's a little out there!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

No one

Well, I had to rescue a princess in peril.

xSilverPhinx

Tank

Well today I'm baking a loaf of sourdough bread. Working on my mother-in-laws ash casket. Possibly cutting the front lawn. Maybe working on a pen case. Taking the dogs for a walk. And doing my daily Mubarak Bala post on Facebook.

Dark Lightning

The wife and I are going up the coast for awhile today.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on March 07, 2021, 01:47:28 PM
The wife and I are going up the coast for awhile today.

That sounds lovely. How long does it take to get there?

Randy

I'm going to watch a little TV, read some of the Quora Digest, and relax. Tomorrow comes dealing with bill collectors.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg