News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

I just got a 92.5% on a math test where the class average was 41%. I'm more shocked then anything else.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 02, 2012, 04:54:31 PM
I just got a 92.5% on a math test where the class average was 41%. I'm more shocked then anything else.
well done sproutling! If the average was 41% what did the dunces get!

Did you know that having a higher maths qualification has a direct corralation to higher lifetime earnings? My son did well in his maths and went onto do some real high level stuff in his degree in engineering. No engineering companies activly attempted to recruit him but 3 banks did.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on February 02, 2012, 05:07:18 PM
well done sproutling! If the average was 41% what did the dunces get!

Did you know that having a higher maths qualification has a direct corralation to higher lifetime earnings? My son did well in his maths and went onto do some real high level stuff in his degree in engineering. No engineering companies activly attempted to recruit him but 3 banks did.

Thanks! I didn't know that, but it makes a lot of sense. I have been working with my brother, who is working on his tutoring skills. That way we both win. I don't know what everybody got, but the girl behind me got a 34%
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

QuoteReasons to be cheerful!

None. None at all. The Asmo, he is not in a cheery mood.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on February 02, 2012, 05:17:58 PM
QuoteReasons to be cheerful!

None. None at all. The Asmo, he is not in a cheery mood.  >:(

Awww I'm sorry Asmo. What's wrong?

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 02, 2012, 05:19:39 PM
I think I'm just being me, really...

That, or I overdid it with antidepressants in these past few days and am now crashing as a result
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 02, 2012, 05:19:39 PM

You wouldn't think there was a wrong, he's looking so well.
He's been looking so crap lately. 

Asmodean

Yeah, well...
...Ah, fuck it! Not gonna whine.

I may, however, bite someone today, although I'll do my part to minimise the collateral damage.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Buddy

Quote from: Scissorlegs on February 02, 2012, 05:29:34 PM

Thank you! My maths teacher actually said he was proud of me, which is like receiving a gold medal in his book.

Quote from: Asmodean on February 02, 2012, 05:23:11 PM
I think I'm just being me, really...

That, or I overdid it with antidepressants in these past few days and am now crashing as a result

Oooh, I've done that before. Not fun at all.

Ali

Budhorse - congrats on your 92.5%!  I guess you showed them who is "backwards Eurotrash" now!  *Victory dance*

Sorry you're feeling crummy Asmo.  Shall we start another Asmo fan thread to cheer you up?

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on February 02, 2012, 06:16:14 PM
Sorry you're feeling crummy Asmo.  Shall we start another Asmo fan thread to cheer you up?
It's one of these days when polishing Asmoego just won't do any good. He'll still be... Gloomy.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on February 02, 2012, 06:18:04 PM
Quote from: Ali on February 02, 2012, 06:16:14 PM
It's one of these days when polishing Asmoego just won't do any good. He'll still be... Gloomy.

Maybe you can go the other way then.  When I'm in a mood, if I can't break it, I often revel in it.  Like, say I'm feeling angry and snarky (most of my bad moods manifest themselves as anger rather than sadness.)  Instead of trying to make myself less angry, I start really working myself into a good lather of theatrical anger.  Was better when I smoked, as I could take lots of angry drags on my cigarettes, and squint my eyes at everything.  I'll yell a bit, and maybe kick some things for good measure, and really throw myself into enjoying being good and angry.  Before I know it, I've cheered myself up.  Maybe you could go super gloomy, put on some black lipstick, say really melodramatic lines like "We all die...alone...." and heave a bunch of heavy sighs until you make yourself laugh.

Asmodean

Thanks for the hint, but I've been reveling for the better part of the day and my spirals, they only point down.

It will pass when it does... And if it doesn't, I'll do something about it (No, nothing sinister - a shrink or some such)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.