News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Crow on January 03, 2012, 07:50:54 PM
What is it with atheists and metal, its almost endemic.

Metal isn't really my cup of tea. I prefer a nice acoustic melody.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Siz

I've mentioned it in other posts that there is a strong, proven correlation between high IQ and a penchant for listening to heavy metal. And also a correlation between high IQ and being Atheist. So the link between HM and Atheism follows. 

Well, it works for me...   :P

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Crow

Quote from: Scissorlegs on January 03, 2012, 08:19:58 PM
I've mentioned it in other posts that there is a strong, proven correlation between high IQ and a penchant for listening to heavy metal. And also a correlation between high IQ and being Atheist. So the link between HM and Atheism follows. 

Well, it works for me...   :P

Its plausible enough for me.
Retired member.

Traveler

I love Metallica, new and old. And I'm 54. :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

The Magic Pudding

Is it a rejection of the status quo thing?

Tank

Logging on to find lots of post by lots of members in lots of threads.  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

My aunt got me into Metallica at an early age. I introduced it to one of my most intelligent friends at the age of 12.  I started him off light with a little fight fire with fire.  he has been known since then to play entire Metallica songs on guitar and not only sing the lyrics, but break them down as well.  Why did Master of puppets have a mellow period in the middle?? Because they rocked so fucking hard up till that point that anyone would need a break.  I love SOAD, slipknot, and early manson, but nothing will ever take the place of 80's Metallica.  Jethro Tull be damned!!
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Buddy

Looking into a job position at a local retirement home. Mom goes there to see people sometimes so she could probably put in a good word  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Yay! Getting a job is always a good thing.  I am in the job market myself right now  :'(
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Buddy

First job that isn't a fur farm or cornfield lol

Fur farm?? I am hoping that is some sort of sheep shaving deal and not something else?!?!

Buddy

No, the farm raised mostly mink with a few foxes. I fed and watered the animals and cleaned cages and helped in other misc. jobs.

Cleaning animal poop? I would rather work in the cornfield.  I have never done either job so I guess I shouldn't really compare the two. But yeah corn sounds better than animal poop.

Asmodean

Quote from: Robert on January 04, 2012, 04:48:04 PM
Fur farm?? I am hoping that is some sort of sheep shaving deal and not something else?!?!
Why..? You aren't one of them bleeding-heart anti-fur activists perchance, are you?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

NO!!! look at my pic do I look anti fur? If they had mink on a stick I would eat that sh!t!!I meant to say something dirty when I saw fur farm, then I saw that budhorse is only 16.  So I backed off.  Can't get much dirtier than a fur farm.  Do they farm lightning bolts or landing strips? Giggity