News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Changing the subject now,  :D my ball python shed today so now she's all pretty and shiny. She gets a nice olive green colour to her after she sheds. Also, going down to Indianapolis tomorrow for an early birthday weekend and a reptile expo. Super excited for that. ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 12, 2011, 12:45:02 AM
Changing the subject now,  :D my ball python shed today so now she's all pretty and shiny. She gets a nice olive green colour to her after she sheds. Also, going down to Indianapolis tomorrow for an early birthday weekend and a reptile expo. Super excited for that. ;D

OoOh! Pics? (of the snake)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

not your typical...

Cool. And Happy early birthday!  :D
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

not your typical...

"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 11, 2011, 01:11:42 AM
Quote from: not your typical... on November 10, 2011, 08:40:44 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on November 10, 2011, 08:12:39 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on November 10, 2011, 08:06:55 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 10, 2011, 07:21:49 PM
Got the results from three of my finals today. Got a 91%, a 93%, and an 89%. I am so happy  ;D
Awesome job! :D
A Swede in the US school system... What else would  you expect?  :P
Nothing less, I was just trying to be supportive. I wish I got grades like that.

It's funny, because I took notes on everything that was said in Swedish just because people are constantly asking to copy off of my notes. I guess I was just feeling spiteful haha.

You know, you could sell them. There might be people willing to pay for good notes ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Yesterday (11th Nov 2011) was the most active day since HAF changed forum software on the 28th April 2011. There were 277 posts. A large amount of this activity can be put down to one member 'not your typical...'. Well done that member, and all those who engaged with her, keep up the good work!  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on November 12, 2011, 09:53:36 AM
A large amount of this activity can be put down to one member 'not your typical...'.

She is quite the Chatty Cathy.  ;D My experience is that a forum needs someone like 'not your typical' to stir things up and infuse new blood.  After awhile, the older members have said everything they have to say, and conversations grow stale. Then an energetic new member comes along and breathes new life into the discussion.  It's a tribute to this forum that a Christian like 'not' can come in and essentially be accepted.  That would probably not be the case in most Christian fora if an atheist popped in.  This does seem to be an oasis of free speech (as long as it's civil), and that is a reason to be cheerful.

Buddy

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 12, 2011, 12:46:51 AM

OoOh! Pics? (of the snake)

I'll see if I can find a camera  :D

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 12, 2011, 06:59:42 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 11, 2011, 01:11:42 AM
Quote from: not your typical... on November 10, 2011, 08:40:44 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on November 10, 2011, 08:12:39 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on November 10, 2011, 08:06:55 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 10, 2011, 07:21:49 PM
Got the results from three of my finals today. Got a 91%, a 93%, and an 89%. I am so happy  ;D
Awesome job! :D
A Swede in the US school system... What else would  you expect?  :P
Nothing less, I was just trying to be supportive. I wish I got grades like that.

It's funny, because I took notes on everything that was said in Swedish just because people are constantly asking to copy off of my notes. I guess I was just feeling spiteful haha.

You know, you could sell them. There might be people willing to pay for good notes ;D

I never thought of that... but then it would require me translate them into English and I may be too lazy for that.

not your typical...

Quote from: Tank on November 12, 2011, 09:53:36 AM
Yesterday (11th Nov 2011) was the most active day since HAF changed forum software on the 28th April 2011. There were 277 posts. A large amount of this activity can be put down to one member 'not your typical...'. Well done that member, and all those who engaged with her, keep up the good work!  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 12, 2011, 01:10:03 PM
She is quite the Chatty Cathy.  ;D My experience is that a forum needs someone like 'not your typical' to stir things up and infuse new blood.
Thank you. I come here and get answers to questions that most people just turn a blind eye to, like what i think doesn't matter. And to all who have said I'll convert to atheism soon, you just might be right... ;D

not your typical...

Today someone (Who I don't like very much) asked me to do something for them, because I 'love them with the love of Christ'. My responce, u ask? "I would, but that goes against what me HAFamily taught me." :) <3

OldGit

Well, good for you!  Impressive.

not your typical...

Tank

Quote from: not your typical... on November 13, 2011, 07:14:12 PM
Today someone (Who I don't like very much) asked me to do something for them, because I 'love them with the love of Christ'. My responce, u ask? "I would, but that goes against what me HAFamily taught me." :) <3
What was their reaction?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

not your typical...

Quote from: Tank on November 13, 2011, 07:38:54 PM
What was their reaction?
First, I was being 'disobedient and wrong and spiteful.' Then came the , 'WTF is your HAFamily?'