News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Crow on January 21, 2016, 03:15:24 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 21, 2016, 01:39:51 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/making-a-murderer-cold-case-investigator-believes-notorious-serial-killer-was-guilty-and-not-steven-a6824891.html have you seen this article today?

I hadn't but I have now. I don't know what to make of it all. After watching the final episode my thoughts on the series was that the lawyers made some massive errors in the defence. This is where I think they fucked up going by what was presented in the show.

1) They never properly focused on the first charge of murder. They spent too long focusing on a conspiracy when there wasn't enough/any evidence for it, there was only suspicion. This is why they lost, they failed to highlight that because the bones, car and bullet were on his land doesn't indicate that he committed the murder. Its just as likely could have been another member of the family as it could have been him.

2) They didn't create a credible alternative story, they managed to poke holes in the time line but not provide an alternative narrative. The one they alluded to placed the police as the perpetrators. Rather than it just being a bias that made him the sole suspect and was an unfair investigation that ignored any potential other evidence.

3) They didn't ask for basic experiment methods to ensure a lack of bias or determine the accuracy of the blood tests.

Ultimately neither case was strong enough for a verdict to be given and whilst there is only the option of guilty or not-guilty available a fair trail isn't possible as it as clear as day to me this was an inconclusive case from both arguments. The Police were bias, the evidence was suspicious with only location really giving it any weight and the trail had been spoilt before it even got to a court. The defence were overly emotional, played along with Stevens conspiracy theory, failed to proved alternative narratives, failed to present a string of other potential suspects it could have pointed towards, failed to ensure their evidence got the best chances possible (even if it was late that would be a cause for review), failed to highlight why Stevens DNA could have been in the car and under the bonnet without the need for murder to have happened without resorting to far fetched ideas as the core of the case.

I haven't seen the full series yet, I think I'm on episode 6 but my impressions so far are if major corruption.

Crow

Rick and Morty.

It is essentially an animated version of Dr Who aimed at a slightly older target audience.
Retired member.

Davin

Quote from: Crow on January 24, 2016, 12:16:11 AM
Rick and Morty.

It is essentially an animated version of Dr Who aimed at a slightly older target audience.
I also think it has more than a bit of Doc and Marty from Back to the Future in it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Crow

Quote from: Davin on January 25, 2016, 01:34:21 PM
Quote from: Crow on January 24, 2016, 12:16:11 AM
Rick and Morty.

I also think it has more than a bit of Doc and Marty from Back to the Future in it.

Definitely.
Retired member.

Buddy

One of my favorite movies:

Undercover Brother

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Recently started the first season of Elementary. It is another series in which Sherlock Holmes lives and works in our time.
Obviously not as good as Sherlock, but still pretty good.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Crow

X-Files. Didn't enjoy the first two episodes bit too much Fox news for my tastes but the 3rd episode was really good fun. Need to watch the 4th but I also have Always Sunny to watch and that comes first.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

'How to Die: Simon's Choice' it's a BBC documentary about assisted suicide following the story of a man with MND.  For anyone with access to BBC iPlayer, it's worth watching.  Very emotional though: I haven't cried this much in a long time.

Sandra Craft

Just watched Crimson Peak.  I think I may have a new guilty pleasure.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

The movie: The Color Purple

For the love of Lucifer!
Someone...anyone...please help me stop crying!  :cryandrun:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Claireliontamer

Is anyone else watching 'The People V OJ Simpson'? I think the USA is slightly ahead of where we are, just watched episode two now.

Sandra Craft

"Trumbo", about the experiences of writer Dalton Trumbo on the blacklist during America's shameful Red Scare era.  Bryan Cranston does a good job as Trumbo, Helen Mirren is a deliciously evil Hedda Hopper and John Goodman plays Frank King, a producer of crap 50s and 60s movies (Ed Wood was one of his directors), who hired a number of blacklisted writers -- not out of nobility, they were just really cheap. 

Goodman has a wonderful scene that I could watch over and over.  It gets even better after this clip:

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Crow

Goodman is a fantastic actor, hugely under rated (though he has worked on a lot of shit). Give me him any day over the mediocre good looking hollywood actors that get all the large rolls (yeah I know a lot of them produce the films themselves). He is brilliant in Treme.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

House of Cards Season 4.....Finally it's back!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Claireliontamer on March 04, 2016, 09:13:43 PM
House of Cards Season 4.....Finally it's back!

I love House of Cards! I've only watched about half the first season though. I've go to get busy watching it again...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey