News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Refuting Theistic Arguments

Started by Ricardo, October 04, 2019, 07:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Red_Cloud on October 18, 2019, 12:33:28 PM

Do you like my giphys Tank? Getting better eh?  :grin:

Quote from: Tank on October 18, 2019, 12:42:15 PM
I would ask the Queen of GIFs, Mags, I am merely a bystander of such things.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Red_Cloud

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ricardo

Magdalena

Quote from: Ricardo on October 25, 2019, 03:49:06 PM
Magdalena how are you? :computerwave:
Ricardo! Hi. I'm fine. How are you?

I guess it's true...Be careful what you wish for.  :lol:

Ricardo

Quote from: Magdalena on October 25, 2019, 07:21:44 PM

I did not understand ! explain better ?

Magdalena

Quote from: Ricardo on October 25, 2019, 10:20:10 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 25, 2019, 07:21:44 PM

I did not understand! explain better?
Your exclamation marks are hilarious.  :lol:

Oh, nothing, I was just talking to myself.

It's just that I "heard" something about you and I'm just wondering if it's true.

QuoteRicardo has been around for a number of years now, using various names and avatars. He can still be seen in a few other forums under the name of Ricardo and using the same avatar he used here. He has posted in various chat forums, an astronomy forum, and a hobby forum. The more you feed him (and posters like him) the more he will reply,
-- That's all.
:popcorn:

Ricardo

Magdalena there are many ricards scattered throughout the forums.
are you all right ? :)

Magdalena

Quote from: Ricardo on November 02, 2019, 04:51:11 PM

Magdalena there are many ricards scattered throughout the forums.
are you all right ? :)
I'm sure there are many, ricards, scattered throughout the forums, I was just wondering about Ricardo. "The one who can still be seen in a few other forums under the name of Ricardo and using the same avatar he used here."

"Am I all right ?"
Yes, thank you for asking.

Ricardo

the atheists' argument that there is a lack of empirical evidence for the existence of god can be refuted by the rationalism argument that everything that exists has an intelligible cause, even if that cause cannot be demonstrated empirically, such as the cause of origin. of the universe. :chin:

Bluenose

Quote from: Ricardo on November 03, 2019, 02:13:22 AM
the atheists' argument that there is a lack of empirical evidence for the existence of god can be refuted by the rationalism argument that everything that exists has an intelligible cause, even if that cause cannot be demonstrated empirically, such as the cause of origin. of the universe. :chin:

Rubbish! If something cannot be demonstrated empirically, then by definition, there is a lack of empirical evidence for it.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Magdalena

Quotethe atheists' argument that there is...

Okay. Again.

Tank

Not 'we' or 'our' or 'the atheist' but 'the atheists'. Take care with your terminology or you'll start looking like a theist troll.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

i believe the rationalism argument is refuted by the problem of induction.

all swans are white, until we see a black one.

what is the argument that demonstrates a cause is a requirement for existence?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tom62

Quote from: billy rubin on November 03, 2019, 10:08:22 AM

i believe the rationalism argument is refuted by the problem of induction.

all swans are white, until we see a black one.

what is the argument that demonstrates a cause is a requirement for existence?

or that the cause has to be intelligible
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein