News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on November 27, 2020, 03:34:47 PM
Yesterday was Thanksgiving day for us here in the U.S. I thought of something that I'm truly thankful for. Actually, it is someone I'm thankful for. I don't know if any of you remember me mentioning Crystal in the past. We've kept in contact for several months now. Our friendship has blossomed into something extraordinary. I'm glad to have her in my life.

That's excellent news, Randy!

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on November 28, 2020, 03:20:47 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 13, 2020, 08:45:57 PM
So I adopted a new puppy. It arrived last night. :grin: :love:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Her name is Joy.

One note to keep in mind: If she hasn't been spayed your vet may recommend spaying soon. That is not advisable, for the health of the dog. It's better to wait until after she's at least a year old. That means dealing with her first heat, which can be tiresome and requires extra care that she doesn't meet up with a ready suitor, but it's better for the dog.

"Health Risks of Early Spay/Neuter" | Dogs Naturally

Oh boy  ;D

I guess I'll have to add doggy panties to the shopping list in a few months.

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 28, 2020, 07:03:09 PM

Her name is Joy.

One note to keep in mind: If she hasn't been spayed your vet may recommend spaying soon. That is not advisable, for the health of the dog. It's better to wait until after she's at least a year old. That means dealing with her first heat, which can be tiresome and requires extra care that she doesn't meet up with a ready suitor, but it's better for the dog.

Oh boy  ;D

Do they make such a thing?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

You bet! One of my parent's friends had a toy poodle that weighed maybe 5 pounds. They never had her fixed, and whenever she came into heat, they had these diapers for her. Our Maltese "Daisy", when she got up to 18 YO had to wear diapers at night due to incontinence. Baby diapers with a tail hole, essentially. :lol: I would have put her down earlier, much as I loved that little girl. She was done long before my wife could let go. I thought about euthanizing her myself, given the suffering that I perceived that she was suffering. But if I had botched it, I'd be pretty damned mad at myself.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on November 29, 2020, 01:20:40 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 28, 2020, 07:03:09 PM

Her name is Joy.

Oh boy  ;D

Do they make such a thing?

It's not too expensive, at least. :chin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 29, 2020, 02:10:37 AM
You bet! One of my parent's friends had a toy poodle that weighed maybe 5 pounds. They never had her fixed, and whenever she came into heat, they had these diapers for her. Our Maltese "Daisy", when she got up to 18 YO had to wear diapers at night due to incontinence. Baby diapers with a tail hole, essentially. :lol: I would have put her down earlier, much as I loved that little girl. She was done long before my wife could let go. I thought about euthanizing her myself, given the suffering that I perceived that she was suffering. But if I had botched it, I'd be pretty damned mad at myself.

It's a tough decision.  :( With my last dog, a 13 yo German Shepherd, we waited too long until finally deciding to euthanise her. She had become paralysed and these huge bed sores opened up on her legs, despite us always picking her up, moving her and changing her position. She suffered a lot before we finally made the merciful decision to end it. If I could go back and change things I would have definitely not have let her suffer that much. Lessons learned for the dog I have now and those to come.

xSilverPhinx

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 08, 2020, 10:53:10 PM
It's nearly the holidays!  :ppe:
I love this time of year. I can't exactly participate in it now but I have my own traditions such as watching the various versions of "A Christmas Carol" before Christmas. I'll find someway to celebrate and enjoy. :)
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on December 09, 2020, 12:44:57 AM
I love this time of year. I can't exactly participate in it now but I have my own traditions such as watching the various versions of "A Christmas Carol" before Christmas. I'll find someway to celebrate and enjoy. :)

Me too, even though Christmas has no religious meaning to me, it's a special family holiday.

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 09, 2020, 12:58:38 AM

Me too, even though Christmas has no religious meaning to me, it's a special family holiday.
When I think of the holidays I think of Santa, tree, and gifts. Deity's birthdays I don't recognize.

No one

Holidaze are a bonding time for a decent chunk earthlings. Even those that are members of non abrahamic faiths, tend to revel in their merriment.

billy rubin

i dont do much for holidays. no traditions, no celebrations.

just another work day, generally with less traffic.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tom62

Angela Merkel plans to lockdown Germany completely at X-Mas time. Our trip to my wife's mother now has to be cancelled  >:(.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

No one

It's just a ploy, she heard you're a real party animal!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on December 09, 2020, 02:20:37 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 09, 2020, 12:58:38 AM

When I think of the holidays I think of Santa, tree, and gifts. Deity's birthdays I don't recognize.

Same.  :)