News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 15, 2020, 04:17:48 AM
Just know that border collies need a LOT of stimulation, or they will tear your place apart. Consider yourself warned! :smilenod:

Yeah I did a little research on the breed these days and everybody says the exact same thing. I got her a food dispenser/toy in which I put small pieces of chicken to keep her occupied for a while.  ;D

She can't go for walks yet because she hasn't received any of her vaccinations, but as soon as that's done, in about a month from now, I'll be taking her outside so that she doesn't stay cooped up indoors all day. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 15, 2020, 09:22:11 AM
I've been auditioning a replacement for Green.
I had a kayak on the verandah while the garage was being replaced.
I was going to move it but an adorable green tree frog had moved in.
So I left it few days until my wife was going to use it and he was still there.
Yes he is a he, I heard his impressive call before I met him.
The kayak is gone but I've set something up on a chair.  He's gone out one night and returned once so far.
It is worrying, there are kookaburras and butcher birds and the nemesis of green tree frogs, green tree snakes (diurnal).
He is big, about palm size with legs folded in.
He let me pick up when I was rearranging his home  :love:
Apparently, maybe they are the most popular pet frog and can live for 20 years in captivity, Green II isn't a prisoner though.

But he's got eyes like Sauron!

What a beautiful frog! :love:

Icarus

Borders are one of the more spectacular dogs.  They are the hands down champion herding dogs.  They are blazingly fast, most compatable with human handlers, and smart as hell.

They need a lot of activity in order to prosper.  They do not need to do herding work but their nature needs them to have and to fulfill some sort of responsibility. They prosper best when they can believe that they are earning their keep/

Bottom line: you need to exercise the little canine person more that you would for..... say a Poodle.   Not that a poodle is lazy, it is just that Borders, typically, are Dynamos. 

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 13, 2020, 08:45:57 PM
So I adopted a new puppy. It arrived last night. :grin: :love:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Her name is Joy.

She is completely adorable, and with a border collie (or one who's even border collie-ish) you can dispense with gym membership and at-home exercise machines!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Sandra Craft on November 16, 2020, 01:57:36 AM

Her name is Joy.

She is completely adorable, and with a border collie (or one who's even border collie-ish) you can dispense with gym membership and at-home exercise machines!

:lol: The 'Fin is going to have her hands full, for sure! 'Fin, make sure the land around your new house is clear of tripping hazards. :smilenod:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on November 16, 2020, 12:32:23 AM

[...]

Bottom line: you need to exercise the little canine person more that you would for..... say a Poodle.   Not that a poodle is lazy, it is just that Borders, typically, are Dynamos.

I noticed! :lol:

xSilverPhinx

Her name is Joy.

:chin: Yes...and with the money I'll save I can spoil her rotten!  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 16, 2020, 03:13:14 AM

Her name is Joy.

:lol: The 'Fin is going to have her hands full, for sure! 'Fin, make sure the land around your new house is clear of tripping hazards. :smilenod:

:thumbsup:

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Randy

Yesterday was Thanksgiving day for us here in the U.S. I thought of something that I'm truly thankful for. Actually, it is someone I'm thankful for. I don't know if any of you remember me mentioning Crystal in the past. We've kept in contact for several months now. Our friendship has blossomed into something extraordinary. I'm glad to have her in my life.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on November 27, 2020, 03:34:47 PM
Yesterday was Thanksgiving day for us here in the U.S. I thought of something that I'm truly thankful for. Actually, it is someone I'm thankful for. I don't know if any of you remember me mentioning Crystal in the past. We've kept in contact for several months now. Our friendship has blossomed into something extraordinary. I'm glad to have her in my life.

That's great to hear. :love:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on November 27, 2020, 05:14:50 PM

That's wonderful!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: Sandra Craft on November 27, 2020, 07:44:50 PM
Quote from: Tank on November 27, 2020, 05:14:50 PM

That's wonderful!
:this:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

Her name is Joy.

One note to keep in mind: If she hasn't been spayed your vet may recommend spaying soon. That is not advisable, for the health of the dog. It's better to wait until after she's at least a year old. That means dealing with her first heat, which can be tiresome and requires extra care that she doesn't meet up with a ready suitor, but it's better for the dog.

"Health Risks of Early Spay/Neuter" | Dogs Naturally
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken