News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

I like ABBA, but I love Sparks

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Icarus

C'mon Bruno you gotta agree that those hot Swedish chicks are better looking than your scruffy looking, three chord, hillbilliy dudes. .

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Icarus on October 03, 2019, 01:00:53 AM
C'mon Bruno you gotta agree that those hot Swedish chicks are better looking than your scruffy looking, three chord, hillbilliy dudes. .

Those Swedish ladies may be better looking than the three lads Icarus, but you have to admit that was some sweet guitar playing, especially the dueling leads at the end of the song.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Red_Cloud

Submit your favourite love song.

Not just any old love song, but one with a plea or lustfullness which will make the recipient swoon.- like the 1st. One
Or perhaps a come and lay down by my side invitation.- like the 2nd. One
Or this hauntingly beautiful song which came out in 1979.- like the 3rd. One 
Finally, if this last one doesn't bring a lump in your throat and a tear to your eye, you are beyond help. - like the 4th. One 

Thanks for your welcome Papa Bruno. Yes, I've heard the Allman Brothers before, and I like.

Tom62

This is my favourite love song

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Davin

I always liked this cover by Type O

And this one by Jane Jensen

And of course this one by Portishead
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Submit a love song? I can't, I don't know what "proper" music is.  :reading:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Mags I suspect that you do know what proper music is.  From a purely academic standpoint, it must have agreeable sonic and tonal structure.  Somehow current tastes have opted to abandon that kind of structural integrity in favor of the loud and cacaphonous.

RC has given us a simple song by Roberta Flack that comes close to the "proper" structure. She also has a sonorous voice that works well with the calmer type of musical offering.  So many of the pop artists have voices that lack that quality.  There is no accounting for tastes so let us all enjoy whatever appeals to us.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on October 04, 2019, 03:49:12 AM
Mags I suspect that you do know what proper music is.  ...
I think I do... :notsure:

I was just being sarcastic to this post:
Quote from: Red_Cloud on October 02, 2019, 02:19:40 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 02, 2019, 04:51:38 AM
Just a serenata:tellmemore:

Listen up, and listen up good! All you god buggering heathens don't know what "proper" music is!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Yes, Mags that music has some structure. Not my cup of tea but it is music nonetheless.  I confess that I am hung up on music that is of a latin nature...such as Herb Alpert and Brazil 66. .... I am also hooked on classical Guitar stuff like that offered by Sergovia and Montoya.

Icarus

Music for a quiet night............enjoy...........