News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

COVID-19

Started by Tank, March 10, 2020, 07:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Magdalena on March 14, 2020, 02:56:27 AM
Okay. Now almost everything else is gone. The shelves are empty. I have never seen anything like this. I asked how long it will take to restock and they said one week.

We'll be fine.

I wouldn't trust supermarket guy.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Superb!  I too shall spread that video.    :geezer!:

Dark Lightning

It's going viral. I posted it three other places already!  ;D

Magdalena

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 14, 2020, 11:44:26 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 14, 2020, 02:56:27 AM
Okay. Now almost everything else is gone. The shelves are empty. I have never seen anything like this. I asked how long it will take to restock and they said one week.

We'll be fine.

I wouldn't trust supermarket guy.

Well, I trusted him and he was right. Every time I go to the store, there are fewer and fewer things on the shelves.
:sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tom62

Starting from tomorrow all non-food shops will be closed here. Schools, gyms, musea, swimming pools, etc. were already closed before.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on March 16, 2020, 06:44:29 PM
Starting from tomorrow all non-food shops will be closed here. Schools, gyms, musea, swimming pools, etc. were already closed before.

Where is here?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

In the UK the government has asked all people 70+ to self isolate as much as possible for the next 14 weeks.

My younger daughters mother in law has got herself stuck in Egypt! Why the fuck she went on holiday there at this point is anybodies guess. Most of the family are seriously pissed off with her. Her husband, who did not go with her, is looking forward to some peace and quiet.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Tom is in Germany.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

billy rubin

restaurants and bars shut down yesterday in ohio, 6 hours notice to all staff that they had no jobs

trump is in a press conference.

he has been "very strongly tested."

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on March 16, 2020, 07:58:30 PM
restaurants and bars shut down yesterday in ohio, 6 hours notice to all staff that they had no jobs

trump is in a press conference.

he has been "very strongly tested."

SMH  >:(

Tom62

Quote from: Tank on March 16, 2020, 07:34:38 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on March 16, 2020, 06:57:37 PM
Tom is in Germany.

Cheers.

Thanks! Have to drink at home though, because all the bars and restaurants are closed as well.
I think that within a few weeks we'll have a curfew, like in France, Spain and Italy.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein