News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Human Nature:

Started by Rift Zone, October 29, 2019, 08:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rift Zone

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 31, 2019, 12:48:30 AM

That you are a layman, albeit a very confident one, is clear. That's why I brought up Dunning-Kruger. I think it describes you perfectly when you come here with your hypotheses on spirituality and brain science. It's like watching someone who clearly can't sing go on American Idol and think they're going to wow the judges. It's funny to watch the aftermath of the reality check that comes after.
It's like you fail Gestalt Perception except with intuition instead of vision...you need to be humble when it comes to science and know that you have biases that will cause distortions in interpretation. Everybody has biases. In fact, thinking you're bias-free is a bias in itself.

For someone who keeps mentioning the hard sciences you don't seem to employ much scientific rigor in your interpretations...

Even more, if you lack deeper knowledge, how do you expect to come up with answers to complex questions? The brain doesn't pull answers out of thin air, not even the brains of true geniuses. If it doesn't work that way for them, imagine us!
Deeper knowledge of what?   You see, I think you have a big disconnect between what it takes to save the world, and the architecture of human psyche/consciousness/subconsciousness.  I may be a layman in neuroscience and the rest of the involved soft sciences, but I'm very much an expert on how this world works and the nuances within human psyche that cater to it, and again how all that manifests in those soft sciences is kinda not my problem.   Hawking once wrote, "If everything in the universe depends on everything else in a fundamental way, it might be impossible to get close to a final solution by investigating parts of the problem in isolation."    You and your peers are no better with that than physicists are with their holy grail of science.   However, I've done a fantastic job with them both.     
Facts exist independent of ego!   We're not dealing with a superiority complex here, but an inferiority one.   You see, no one who tries to be cool is.  Those "trying" to save the world never get any further than those "trying" to reconcile QM and Relativity.   I tried to understand.   I came here to share what I understand.   You're the one harassing people!   Have you looked into to the "interpreter Module of the brain" as per Michael Gazzaniga?   Yours has been working overtime trying to figure out ways to rationalize this away.   It's very human of you, you shouldn't be ashamed at all; but it does mean you're a far cry from enlightenment, as transcending your own bs, which you now indulge, is what enlightenment is.   Anyway, you bla, bla waa, waa, alot, but the merit of what I say is within the merit of what I say, irrespective of your logical fallacy recourse games.   So then, is the assessment wrong?   not.a.chance!    ;D

Oh no, no, no, you misunderstand! I think you're on the higher end of the narcissism spectrum because:

1) You think you're a genius and come off as wanting admiration from people;
2) You see yourself as intellectually superior and others who contest your ideas as inferior;
3) When you don't get the admiration for your perceived intellectual abilities, you fly into a rage ("narcisisstic injury" and "narcisisstic rage");
4) You have a grandiose sense of self, thinking you solved what went wrong with the world.
1)you didn't know what genius was till I told you.  Should probably think about that.
2)4Ds are kinda more capable in that regard.  meh.  some are born pretty, rich, talented, I got isolation from humanity... yay me.   meh, being close to mother nature has its benefits.     LOL   Contest my ideas?  when did that happen?   all you've been doing is lashing out at me to protect your world view.   
3)active imagination too huh?   
4)I have a realistic sense of self.  I'm aware of what I'm capable of.   I did solve it.   You should have at least some inkling of that given you're fighting like a toddler rather than intellectually refuting the notions of a what?  layman?   

Oh, so you don't have a formal degree in physics? Okaaay...

As for the bolded font, that right there is an excellent example of what a narcissist would say when they suffer narcissistic injury to their ego!  ::)
I'm a few classes away from an associates degree, at last check, cuz academia always was worthless to me.  -they never could keep up, you see.   I'm the type of geek who got Search and Rescue called out on me when I was 5 thank to studying the flora, fauna, and physics of a major river. I got kicked out of second grade for studying spectroscopy. -I was reading Encyclopedia Britannica, found Newton and Fraounhofer Lines, and spent more time in class considering physics than paying attention to the my little pony level of sophistication of class instruction... Academia is welcome to think they have a monopoly on science and physical truth, just as you are! They, however have been corrected by outsiders many times in the past; and they're about to experience it again. "Mother Nature" (properties of physical reality and the laws they operate by) is the sole authority within physics. The theory that is more comprehensive and aligns with observation better is the more accurate theory.period! And my understanding of physical reality is far more comprehensive and aligns with observation way better than the BS academia peddles. My education was not available for purchase anywhere; I had to earn it the old fashion way. And good thing too, cuz at least I know what I'm talking about.

I stand for and posses truth.   What do you stand for?   precicely why do you oppose me?   Cuz I'm wrong?   lol      good luck with that.
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Icarus

I do believe that RZ is hopelessly over matched when exchanging posts with Silver.

2) You see yourself as intellectually superior and others who contest your ideas as inferior;
3) When you don't get the admiration for your perceived intellectual abilities, you fly into a rage ("narcisisstic injury" and "narcisisstic rage");
4) You have a grandiose sense of self, thinking you solved what went wrong with the world.

The quotes actually describe our hapless president. Is he messing around on our forum?

Rift Zone

Quote from: Icarus on October 31, 2019, 04:37:56 AM
I do believe that RZ is hopelessly over matched when exchanging posts with Silver.
[quote

The quotes actually describe our hapless president. Is he messing around on our forum?
1)evidence is a little overwhelming.  All I want from you is to listen to reason and adopt truth when you see it, irrespective of how inconvenient it may be to what you think you know.  I'm a scientist, that's how we roll. 
2)Didn't used to.  thought everyone was built like me.   turns out I was wrong about that.   anyway, I have the greatest amount of respect for intellectuals who actually engage in intellectual discourse!  -they are my peers for such people are students of the universe, just as am I.   However, I have yet to see any of that here; and yea, ankle biters are beneath me.
3)sounds scary.   now you both are getting into a whole new class of sensationalism and logical fallacy.     :picard facepalm:
4)na..  I suck at most things.  but I really rock complex systems that interact non linearly!  -it's good for something, i suppose. 
what?  you think I didn't?   how, pretel, did you come upon that conclusion?   Is it cuz you're fully aware of the content and implications and have deem them to be discordant with the realities of our world?   Or do you harass me cuz your reptilian brain demands it?   you're not exactly making humanity proud right now through the use of our most cherished traits.   jus sayn
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Magdalena

What are we talking about?
Ah! Yes, Human Nature.
--I think.  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Rift Zone

Quote from: Magdalena on October 31, 2019, 06:27:45 AM

Ah! Yes, Human Nature.
lol  Yea, something like that.   
It was intended to shed some light on it, but rather it got caught up within it.   
What Galileo didn't say is humanity isn't interested in the humble reasoning of a single individual, they want some one with fame telling them what is.   You guys have been trained well.  I'll be teaching the next generation entirely new things.   see ya around!

Davin

Quote from: Rift Zone on October 31, 2019, 05:50:25 PM

Ah! Yes, Human Nature.
It was intended to shed some light on it, but rather it got caught up within it.   
What Galileo didn't say is humanity isn't interested in the humble reasoning of a single individual, they want some one with fame telling them what is.   You guys have been trained well.  I'll be teaching the next generation entirely new things.   see ya around!

Of course the reason we don't bow to your wisdom and accept what you say without question is because we've clearly been brainwashed by "THEM" and not because what you've been saying is incoherent ramblings.

Now where's my tin foil hat?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Ah! Yes, Human Nature.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

How do you come up with these gifs?  Are you a witch?

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on October 31, 2019, 06:52:15 PM

Ah! Yes, Human Nature.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 01, 2019, 03:24:18 AM
Are you talking to me, or Davin?
:grin:

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on November 01, 2019, 05:10:02 AM
Probably you, no one talks to me... Well he doesn't talk to me much either.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on November 01, 2019, 08:13:20 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on November 01, 2019, 05:10:02 AM
Probably you, no one talks to me... Well he doesn't talk to me much either.
Probably. :grin:
I was just checking.

He doesn't talk to you much?
Well, he does admire your debates.  :smilenod:

Magdalena

I don't think Rift Zone is coming back.

...And no, Ecurb Noselrub, I don't think I'm a witch.

xSilverPhinx

He'll probably be back. People like Rift Zone need to feed off admiration and seek to validate their grandiose beliefs about their own intellectual capabilities, and since he probably doesn't get that anywhere he'll try again in the future...

I'll bet when he sees his threads have been moved to where they belong he's going to fly into another narcissistic rage and fling his shit insults at everybody who contested him and didn't give him the admiration he feels he deserves.  ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey