News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

Laid Back Lounge / Re: Jokes Thread (Was named An...
Last post by Dark Lightning - May 12, 2024, 10:30:41 PM
This would include most actors, imo.
Politics / Re: Dominionists in the United...
Last post by Icarus - May 12, 2024, 10:13:28 PM
The Southern Baptist Convention annual census reported 241,000 fewer members and 292 fewer churches in  2023 than in 2022.  Not a serious decline because there were 49,906 SB churches and 12.9 million members in 2023. Down by 3.3 million since its peak in 2006.

The Methodist church is not nearly as uptight as the Baptist counterpart but some of them are conflicted. . There remain a lot of them that use strict interpretations of their bible. Over the last two years the Church has seen about 40%  withdraw from membership in the main conference.  The arguments are because the separating ones tend to recognize LGBT people as worthy church members.  The hard shell segment of that faith will have no part of it.

Last post by Icarus - May 12, 2024, 09:32:09 PM
^   :this:

I admire athletes for what do so well, not what they think. American football players have brain concussions anyway. So do professional boxers.
Religion / Re: Christian Nonduality
Last post by Old Seer - May 12, 2024, 03:09:58 PM
Reality cannot be created as it already exists, it can only be encountered. Reality that is created by people isn't necessarily reality but merely an idea (authority) to manipulate or control others.  ;)
Current Events / Re: "No Religion" largest grou...
Last post by zorkan - May 12, 2024, 01:41:46 PM
There are plenty of people like that in the UK, and I don't know why.
Some people just like going to church (no problem with that), but others stand up on outdoor platforms to spout out their venom.
As there is no point in arguing with them, I just ask questions.

"Is slavery permitted by the Bible?"
"Is the Earth flat?"
"Is it 6000 years old?"
"How did kangaroos find their own way to the Ark?"
"How is a man born of a ghost?"
"Did the saints rise from their graves?"

By which time I'm getting bored at their absurd beliefs.
I can even discover they haven't even read the bible.

Fastest growing in UK:
https://www.premierchristianity.com/opinion/elim-is-one-of-the-fastest-growing-church-movements-in-the-uk-heres-why/13171.article

More recently with the influx of Hong Kongers the Chinese church is fastest growing.
https://www.biblesociety.org.uk/latest/news/chinese-church-is-the-fastest-growing-in-the-uk-report-finds/

https://www.sixthtone.com/news/1011968

Last post by Tank - May 12, 2024, 10:21:48 AM
:rofl:
Last post by The Magic Pudding.. - May 12, 2024, 09:40:59 AM
Current Events / Re: "No Religion" largest grou...
Last post by Icarus - May 12, 2024, 04:37:44 AM
Not many of us are outspoken without cause. It is prudent here to avoid conversations about religion. The ultra christian element can become rabid and dangerous. Their "turn the other cheek" deal does not seem to be working  for them.

I am more than willing to enter into a spirited discussion when prompted to do so. But that depends on the mind set of the other person or persons. My usual attitude is to ignore the people who are unwilling to carry on a meaningful conversation.

The hard shell religious folk, along with the MAGA crowd, have a condition sometimes described as conditioned bias. The more you argue with them the more entrenched they become. When shown the fallacies in their reasoning they anchor their resistance even more firmly. When dealing with people of that variety there is no use talking to them..........
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Game: The Next Person... (...
Last post by The Magic Pudding.. - May 11, 2024, 10:55:27 AM
False, probably, I'm not sure.
I saw this interesting couple at the zoo

I interpreted it as a female regretting her life choices and a disapointed guy saying "hay, you used to love my effluvium"

The nxt has seen a capybara eaten by piranhas more than once on wildlife shows and thinks there're questions that need to be answered re the piranha related mortality rate of capybara when there's wildlife film persons about.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Game: The Next Person... (...
Last post by Tank - May 11, 2024, 09:08:24 AM
True. It has been bloody awful here so far this year and I finally got to go for a walk in a T shirt!

TNP has seen a baby Capybara?