News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

FaceBook just told me off!

Started by Tank, August 21, 2020, 09:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I was commenting go Jesus and wrote this "No. Seriously. 12 men friends. Never married. No kids. Fag Hag girlfriend. Preached universal love."

The FaceBook algorithm pulled it as Hate Speech!  :rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

I think "fag hag" is probably where the card came out.  :teadrink:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

At least you didn't get put in FB jail for it -- did you?  I've had some FB friends get suspended for the weirdest things.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Randy

Now that's funny! I wonder though, if Recusant is right? Maybe it was something automatic. Still, I think what you wrote is funny! :lol:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on August 21, 2020, 09:15:09 PM
I was commenting go Jesus and wrote this "No. Seriously. 12 men friends. Never married. No kids. Fag Hag girlfriend. Preached universal love."

The FaceBook algorithm pulled it as Hate Speech!  :rofl:

That's a compliment in my book.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

It is funny. These guys at FB don't have any sense of humour.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on August 22, 2020, 09:08:05 AM
It is funny. These guys at FB don't have any sense of humour.

Their algorithms don't.

Funnily enough I have used the term Fag Hag a few times but up until now I have always added "(awful term)" after it. So that may have been the problem

And today I woke up to find I am in FB Jail (for 14 more hours) and I'm directed to the spamming rules so I suspect my posts about Mubarak Bala have triggered some warning somewhere.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tom62

Sarcasm Alert:

It is better to kill a humanist/Atheist for not believing in Allah than hurting the feelings of Muslim fundamentalists.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on August 22, 2020, 09:43:35 AM
Sarcasm Alert:

It is better to kill a humanist/Atheist for not believing in Allah than hurting the feelings of Muslim fundamentalists.

I think Hanlon's razor applies here in that FB just triggered on the repartition and sharing of posts.