News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Quote from: Arturo on August 26, 2017, 03:34:39 PM
You'll love this one then Joe

Indeed! Plus... MUSCLES!!!

How about some Manly Musk:

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Davin

Meh, just normal generationalism. The older generation has always been condescending to the younger generation. That's about the only true thing.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on August 30, 2017, 06:34:35 PM
Meh, just normal generationalism. The older generation has always been condescending to the younger generation. That's about the only true thing.
Some truth in that, back in my day ...

But, those kids at the local primary school who were disallowed from playing competitive sports - oh, they did the sports, just that everyone, first and last, got the same prize - are now in their late teens. They form part of the "entitled generation" over here.

They dropped tge idea after a few years because the kids, boys and girls, only found other, less regulated and potentially dangerous, ways to compete, just as humans will.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on August 30, 2017, 06:53:16 PM
Quote from: Davin on August 30, 2017, 06:34:35 PM
Some truth in that, back in my day ...

But, those kids at the local primary school who were disallowed from playing competitive sports - oh, they did the sports, just that everyone, first and last, got the same prize - are now in their late teens. They form part of the "entitled generation" over here.

They dropped tge idea after a few years because the kids, boys and girls, only found other, less regulated and potentially dangerous, ways to compete, just as humans will.

They always say that is a millennial thing but...the trophies weren't handed out until the millennials were no longer being born and generation z, the current generation, began being born.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

^^^
:picard facepalm:

Remember that sign language translator who also faked it at Nelson Mandela's funeral?  :doh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

^ Wasn't accurate at all for me.  Many of the video's interpretations of my results were the exact opposite! :o

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 20, 2017, 04:06:44 PM
^ Wasn't accurate at all for me.  Many of the video's interpretations of my results were the exact opposite! :o

I was wondering how you would take this test as maybe the intended audience for this video would be American or at most native english speakers. (not that there is anything wrong with not being native english speaker, i was just curious).

I actually didn't have anyone for my companion but I had a good feeling, so I wrote that down. But I also had a person in mind, so I wrote that too. The other ones were kind of unimpressive until I got to the cup. My results for that are weird as I'll explain.

Many times I wrote two things and both descriptions were right but here is the kicker: when I wrote for the cup, I wrote both styrofoam and gold. Styrofoam is a easily broken material. Gold is also easily broken with your hands but it's also a metal, which according to the explination, metal means there is a strong bond in the relationship. I guess it just shows my relationship is complex? And that some parts are strong but also broken? I suppose that makes sense if we are talking about the person I had in mind but not the feeling I got.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Arturo on September 20, 2017, 06:41:20 PM
I was wondering how you would take this test as maybe the intended audience for this video would be American or at most native english speakers. (not that there is anything wrong with not being native english speaker, i was just curious).

I don't know if that applies, it's not like there was any obscure or difficult to understand language in the video. The metaphors weren't difficult to understand as well, and would have worked in other languages.

The person I chose to walk through the forest with me is someone very dear to me so that one I consider a hit rather than a miss. The animal I first thought of was a wolf, simply because I love wolves and would be thrilled to see one. Then the video goes on to say that the size of the animal represents the problems I feel I face. I consider that one a miss. My problems are more the size of an elephant than a wolf. What did I imagine myself doing as I interacted with my problem? Looking at it in awe -- because, like I said, I love wolves. Not afraid, not wanting to destroy it, but doing nothing but looking at it and smiling. According to the video, I'm passive when it comes to dealing with issues, which is not true. I pick my battles but I don't avoid or run from them. I consider that a miss.

When it comes to the maze I think the video itself already leads you into seeing a high walled maze because of that initial background image. I remembered that suggestive image and imagined a low walled hedge. I am more introverted, 'closed' and tend to keep my defences up rather than the contrary. I can't say I consider that one a hit or a miss because I did imagine (or rather remember) that exact background image first, but since there that pic was there in the first place I won't consider this a hit or a miss. Next!

I imagined a ceramic cup. I don't know why. I would hope that my relationship with that special person is not as fragile!

What else...I imagined the exit was easy to find on my own without having to be rescued by the person I left at the entrance, which did not match with what my adolescence was like. Miss.   

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on September 19, 2017, 05:35:12 AM
^^^
:picard facepalm:

Remember that sign language translator who also faked it at Nelson Mandela's funeral?  :doh:

Now that you mentioned it I do vaguely recall the scene...