News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Must be one of them internet professionals that got their degree from google university.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

jumbojak

Rednecks are nothing if not persistent, but the guy in the Dodge was just frickin' crazy to go for round two.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 23, 2016, 09:43:04 AM
Quote from: OldGit on January 22, 2016, 09:46:21 AM
Electronic Skills:

https://www.facebook.com/1644487285840108/videos/1653632858258884/

Countdown to being awarded the prestigious Darwin Award...

That would depend if he has reproduced yet. Technically to get a Darwin Award you have to remove yourself from the gene pool before reproducing.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

joeactor

Sandra Craft

They also play in a more conventional style --

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

joeactor

That was well done, and interesting to watch too.

You might like a story on Ravel that was on Radio Lab a while ago:
http://www.radiolab.org/story/217340-unraveling-bolero/

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 24, 2016, 11:38:18 PM
They also play in a more conventional style --

Biggus Dickus

^^That was really cool Joe^^

Especially since I love Bolero (Who doesn't emirate?)...they looked like they were having fun, and probably make it look easier than it is.

To most folks reading this the following individual's name, Bob Dorough probably has no significance...unless of course you are a master of the cinema and you recognize him for some of his acting roles, or are a Jazz lover and know him from his time playing with Miles Davis, but for those of us grew up in the 70's, and who spent their Saturday morning's watching cartoons, he is the master of such "Schoolhouse Rock" classics as "Conjuction Junction" or "I'm Just a Bill".

Not sure if they showed this outside of the US, but back in the day before cable TV, when we only had 3-4 channels on the television to choose from cartoons for kids were primarily shown each Saturday morning. School House Rock was what they referred to as an interstitial program, which meant it would be shown in-between two scheduled shows rather like a commercial.

As kids you knew they stuff was supposed to be educational, but these were done in a manner that captured some of our attention regardless, so we watched and got hooked on some of the songs, and I would be lying if said I still didn't occasionally break out in a little "Conjunction Junction" while doing my best Bob Dorough imitation.

Here's the short interview/Bio of Bob, who is as they say, an alright guy. 8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

joeactor

Hey Bruno!

BCE posted the original Bolero vid - props to her.

And I loved School House Rock growing up. Think I got a VHS of it somewhere - nothing to play it on.

Grammar Rock was another spin off - here's a fave:

Sandra Craft

Sandy

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

^^  I love that he's reading.  Nordic people do seem to love the books.
Sandy

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 27, 2016, 11:12:22 PM
^^  I love that he's reading.  Nordic people do seem to love the books.

I loved the same thing, he's deep into the book, and I like the robe!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

There's some chatter on FB about trading black actress Stacey Dash for white comedian Gary Owen, which reminded me of this classic skit:

Sandy