News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

I've been reading your daughter's website Bruno, particularly the permaculture section.  It is utterly fascinating and I commend them for following their passion and dream, actually making me wish I lived closer to visit them!

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Claireliontamer on October 24, 2015, 06:04:23 PM
I've been reading your daughter's website Bruno, particularly the permaculture section.  It is utterly fascinating and I commend them for following their passion and dream, actually making me wish I lived closer to visit them!
Thanks Claire, I appreciate the kind words, especially coming from you.  Both my daughter and her husband are wonderful people and they both mean the world to me. Spending time with them is precious to me (Just came back from a long weekend at their place. We picked apples, made our own apple cider; plus took some long hikes in the woods and enjoyed the fall colors)

I removed the link to her website from my earlier post as I'm not as comfortable posting personal information here as I previously was, probably a mistake on my part in the first place.

Anyway I know I overreacted earlier, what can I say...I don't care if some here don't like me personally, but to attack my daughter like that after I posted a silly video in a light-hearted thread seemed a direct attack for no reason other than to try and hurt me by attacking her.

Too bad I guess, but it is the internet...lesson learned.

P.S. Can one of the mods please remove the link to my daughters website that is embedded in the post of mine that Crow quoted from? I would feel more comfortable if it was no longer linkable. Thanks-
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 24, 2015, 10:12:06 PMCan one of the mods please remove the link to my daughters website that is embedded in the post of mine that Crow quoted from? I would feel more comfortable if it was no longer linkable. Thanks-

Done.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Crow

There was a link? Never even noticed that.
Retired member.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Recusant on October 24, 2015, 10:41:02 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 24, 2015, 10:12:06 PMCan one of the mods please remove the link to my daughters website that is embedded in the post of mine that Crow quoted from? I would feel more comfortable if it was no longer linkable. Thanks-

Done.

Thanks Recusant. Sorry, but I hadn't also noticed that Joe had also quoted from my original post and his post contains the same link. If you could be so kind as to remove that one as well I would be grateful.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on October 23, 2015, 07:55:22 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 23, 2015, 07:16:23 PM
I think we need a 'sin bin' user group that can only post in Religion and Creationism. We could send offenders there for 7 or 14 days.

Oh! You mean like the solitary confinement area of a county jail? Like the GIF playpen idea where users and abusers voluntarily quarantined themselves for eternity? Cruel punishment,  :notsure: ...Sure, let's do that.  :smilenod:

Mags if this was implemented think how often you would be sentenced there for posting gifs...might not be the best idea.

Thanks for the earlier post by the way of the charging lions, nice touch ;D

Buddy

Speaking of gifs, has the gif thread been revived yet?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 25, 2015, 02:31:01 AM
Start another one and if/when the old one shows up they can be merged.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I think we need a 'sin bin' user group that can only post in Religion and Creationism. We could send offenders there for 7 or 14 days.

Except in Siz's case, then it could be the GIF thread.  :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on October 25, 2015, 06:41:43 AM
You guys don't have to bring it back. It does have some sentimental value to those of us who created that masterpiece, but like you said, we can start another one. Davin also thinks it's OK to let it go. I don't know what the other participants think about that.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 25, 2015, 02:03:41 PM

Ooooh! I wanna be the prison warden.  :smilenod:

Recusant

Quote from: Magdalena on October 26, 2015, 01:07:22 AM
Quote from: Tank on October 25, 2015, 06:41:43 AM
You guys don't have to bring it back. It does have some sentimental value to those of us who created that masterpiece, but like you said, we can start another one. Davin also thinks it's OK to let it go. I don't know what the other participants think about that.

Patience. At some point there should be another database fix that will bring many (if not all) of the missing threads and posts back. Meanwhile, a new GIF party would be cool, and as Tank said, can be merged with the old one when the time comes.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 25, 2015, 02:22:16 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 23, 2015, 07:55:22 PM

Oh! You mean like the solitary confinement area of a county jail? Like the GIF playpen idea where users and abusers voluntarily quarantined themselves for eternity? Cruel punishment,  :notsure: ...Sure, let's do that.  :smilenod:

Mags if this was implemented think how often you would be sentenced there for posting gifs...might not be the best idea.
I'm not afraid to do time for my crime.  :foottap:

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 25, 2015, 02:22:16 AM
Thanks for the earlier post by the way of the charging lions, nice touch ;D
You're welcome, my friend.  :grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on October 26, 2015, 01:23:54 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 25, 2015, 02:03:41 PM

Ooooh! I wanna be the prison warden.  :smilenod:

:notsure:

*hands Mags the Key*
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey