What's Cooking?

Started by Bad Penny II, August 22, 2018, 02:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

^Whoa.

:nu-uh: Nope, no can do. Which parts do you even eat, anyway?   :scratch:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

^^The Murray Cray is an evil looking beastie.

Bluenose

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 05, 2018, 02:24:03 AM
^Whoa.

You eat the claws/legs, tail and there is a fair amount of meat in the sides of the head/thorax.  There is a reason why they're known as spiny crayfish, those spines are needle sharp!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bluenose on September 05, 2018, 11:54:07 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 05, 2018, 02:24:03 AM
^Whoa.

You eat the claws/legs, tail and there is a fair amount of meat in the sides of the head/thorax.  There is a reason why they're known as spiny crayfish, those spines are needle sharp!

I can imagine. I have just one rule: if I can't hold it with my bare hand I won't eat it.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

No one

Tomorrow, I plan on making chicken gnocchi soup
Sauteed shrimp with crab potato hash and spinach, finished with a garlic butter sauce.

Dark Lightning

Interesting reading! I'll eat a lobster in a heartbeat, but have to forgo the drawn butter. One of my sons works for a local hardware store and bought a ridiculously large smoker, which had been returned because of scorched paint. That was caused by them spilling grease on it. ::)  He smoked 3 slabs of meat, but for most of us (not me), it was too rare.

Tank

Quote from: No one on September 06, 2018, 02:11:10 AM
Tomorrow, I plan on making chicken gnocchi soup
Sauteed shrimp with crab potato hash and spinach, finished with a garlic butter sauce.
POINH
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

I made homemade teriyaki sauce with meatballs, stir fry veggies, and white rice last night. Very yummy and decently inexpensive.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Bluenose

I'm cooking an old family favourite tonight:

Lamb Chops Bradbury

6 Forequarter Chops
1 Tablespoon Plain Flour
1 Teaspoon Mustard powder
4 Tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Hot Water
1 Beef Stock Cube

Combine flour and mustard and coat chops.
Place chops in oven-proof casserole (with a lid), best if closely packed and two layers are OK. 
Sprinkle any left over flour mixture over chops.
Combine all other ingredients, pour over chops - ideally, sauce just covers chops.
Put lid on casserole and cook for 2 hours at 150°C (300°F)

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Looks like a recipe for perfect lamb chops!  :yum:

Bluenose

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 12, 2018, 05:02:44 AM
Looks like a recipe for perfect lamb chops!  :yum:

It is!  The meat just falls off the bone and the sauce is luscious and complements the chops really well.  I usually toss in a medium potato per person into the oven when I put the chops on and sometimes I make foil packets of carrot and parsnip, with a little butter, and two hours at that heat does them just nice!

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

Poached salmon with some sor of herbs on top. My youngest son is cooking them, so I don't know which spices. Accompanied by sliced cucumber and baby carrots (both raw). Youngest son won't eat cooked carrots.  :???:

Bluenose

Quote from: Fireball on September 17, 2018, 02:02:06 AM
Poached salmon with some sor of herbs on top. My youngest son is cooking them, so I don't know which spices. Accompanied by sliced cucumber and baby carrots (both raw). Youngest son won't eat cooked carrots.  :???:

Sounds really yum! 

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Bluenose on September 17, 2018, 02:19:15 AM

Sounds really yum!

Cooking carrots so they are not either rubbery or mushy is an art I have not achieved except by luck. So, I am a raw carrot fan also!  Might shred them and pickle overnight in a nice, sharp vinegar with a little warm spice. Balsamic vinegar if I am wanting a sweeter taste.

I like fried parsnip fritters, don't work with carrots . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Dave on September 17, 2018, 03:44:27 AM
Quote from: Bluenose on September 17, 2018, 02:19:15 AM

Sounds really yum!

Cooking carrots so they are not either rubbery or mushy is an art I have not achieved except by luck. So, I am a raw carrot fan also!  Might shred them and pickle overnight in a nice, sharp vinegar with a little warm spice. Balsamic vinegar if I am wanting a sweeter taste.

I like fried parsnip fritters, don't work with carrots . . .

Parsnip fritters,you say? I'll have to try that sometime. I rescued the fish from getting overdone. Caught it just as it was flaky. Yummay!