News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Still pissed off at the arrogance of the Muslims in Kano state in Nigeria. I don't have words to adequately describe the brain dead fuckwitery of them. 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 03, 2021, 02:15:57 AM
Quote from: Recusant on February 03, 2021, 02:07:37 AM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 02, 2021, 05:01:10 PM..I'm more like slushy, cold rain on a dark winter night, more of a nuisance and probably not so welcome.  :o

:eyebrow: Go on then, nobody minds if you brag a bit.  ;)

I'm afraid it ain't so easy, primate man.

:secrets1: Do you think if we allow him to twiddle his deranged psychopathic twinkle toes for a bit he'll feel more welcome? :notsure:

Maybe we should just sit back and let him brag.  ;D

Thank you both, as I needed a good laugh 8)

Again it's good to see you again xSP and hello Recusant...I hope you are both well as can be these days. :)

Speaking of bragging, I've always loved this quote: "Who knows himself a braggart, let him fear this, for it will come to pass that every braggart shall be found an ass."

Which also reminds me of one of my favorite lines from the same author, from his play "Much Ado About Nothing" (I know some have criticized Michael Keaton for his performance, but I thought he was fabulous as Dogberry in the film)

"...Gentlemen, remember that I am an ass; even though it's not written down, don't forget that I'm an ass." 8)

I should make that my new signature! 8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 03, 2021, 08:30:58 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 03, 2021, 02:15:57 AM
Quote from: Recusant on February 03, 2021, 02:07:37 AM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 02, 2021, 05:01:10 PM..I'm more like slushy, cold rain on a dark winter night, more of a nuisance and probably not so welcome.  :o

:eyebrow: Go on then, nobody minds if you brag a bit.  ;)

I'm afraid it ain't so easy, primate man.

:secrets1: Do you think if we allow him to twiddle his deranged psychopathic twinkle toes for a bit he'll feel more welcome? :notsure:

Maybe we should just sit back and let him brag.  ;D

Thank you both, as I needed a good laugh 8)

Again it's good to see you again xSP and hello Recusant...I hope you are both well as can be these days. :)

Speaking of bragging, I've always loved this quote: "Who knows himself a braggart, let him fear this, for it will come to pass that every braggart shall be found an ass."

Which also reminds me of one of my favorite lines from the same author, from his play "Much Ado About Nothing" (I know some have criticized Michael Keaton for his performance, but I thought he was fabulous as Dogberry in the film)

"...Gentlemen, remember that I am an ass; even though it's not written down, don't forget that I'm an ass." 8)

I should make that my new signature! 8)

:grin:

Being an ass can be an unfortunate side effect of bragging, but not if done in moderation! :sidesmile:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

If you can do the thing that you are bragging about, it ain't bragging.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on February 04, 2021, 12:59:53 AM
If you can do the thing that you are bragging about, it ain't bragging.

That's true. :popcorn:

Dark Lightning

Back in the '60s, there was a TV show, where one of the actors would say, "No brag, just fact." Don't remember who or the name of the show, but I do remember the phrase. When I was still working, one of my supervisors said that I should talk myself up more. But I told him that the more noise people make the less capable they are. He laughed and agreed, but still recommended that I do it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on February 03, 2021, 05:38:42 PM
Still pissed off at the arrogance of the Muslims in Kano state in Nigeria. I don't have words to adequately describe the brain dead fuckwitery of them.

Yes, but there was little chance anyone's outrage, esp. an outsider's, would move them.  We just a bunch of godless heathens after all.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

DL the old time advice was : "don't hide your light under a barrel."  I was not much of a braggart as a youth.  My father used that expression on me more than once.

(now, in my old age, I might lie about my former wizardry or fishing prowess)

xSilverPhinx

Randy

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Bad Penny II

I've been feeling agedness.
The moment might call for a bit of a run but hinges seem a bit tight.
Squats, I've discovered squats, never done them before, never needed to.
Hallelujah! praise the Lord!
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 17, 2021, 01:14:45 PM
I've been feeling agedness.
The moment might call for a bit of a run but hinges seem a bit tight.
Squats, I've discovered squats, never done them before, never needed to.
Hallelujah! praise the Lord!

Squats or deep knee bends are a good loosening up exercise in the morning. Try this - on your tip-toes, squat as low as you can go, and with your elbows force your knees outward, while keeping your balance. It stretches the groin, quadriceps, and calf muscles.