News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Happy Holidays past or present - HAF Photo Challenge - Voting

Started by Tank, February 03, 2021, 11:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Anne D.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 03, 2021, 11:59:26 AM
Interesting photos! Makes me miss the holidays already! :grin:

Yeah, I'm a total cultural Christian. Love the decorations and celebrations. The frosted holly leaves photo is my favorite.

Biggus Dickus

Nice pictures,...I especially enjoy picture # 12.

This has to be a Hermes photo...I would bet money on it! In particular it's a nice layout. The beautifully decorated tree, the large assortment of gifts strewn around it, as well as the chaise lounge in the foreground, and then the open window to the street outside (Looks warm).

I also really like the Bulls Head which is on display to the left of the tree. That looks old, is it?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 07, 2021, 11:15:33 PM

This has to be a Hermes photo...I would bet money on it! In particular it's a nice layout. The beautifully decorated tree, the large assortment of gifts strewn around it, as well as the chaise lounge in the foreground, and then the open window to the street outside (Looks warm).

I also really like the Bulls Head which is on display to the left of the tree. That looks old, is it?

Well, I will take what you said as a great compliment, but for now I will not comfirm or deny responsibility for the photo. I am sure whoever took it will give us some background info when the names are revealed.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Sandra Craft

When all is revealed, I must know about the holiday that involved picture 4.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Welp, it seems the voting results confirm there are quite a few favourites. :chin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Sandra Craft on February 08, 2021, 03:18:01 AM

Surely you are familiar with the Christmas Crocodile Story?!

When Alice Jayne finds a crocodile under the tree on Christmas Eve, her family goes into an uproar! The Christmas Crocodile doesn't mean to be bad, not really, but soon he is eating up Christmas—from the dinner roast to the left stove-top burner...even the Christmas tree! Everyone has an opinion about what to do with him. Uncle Theodore suggests they send him to Africa, Father recommends the zoo, and Aunt Figgy mentions an orphanage. But Alice Jayne thinks the Christmas Crocodile deserves a real family. Can she find him a new home? And will she and the family survive till Christmas morning, with that naughty crocodile gobbling up everything in sight?

Why there's even a song!!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Randy

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 11, 2021, 03:40:26 PM

When Alice Jayne finds a crocodile under the tree on Christmas Eve, her family goes into an uproar! The Christmas Crocodile doesn't mean to be bad, not really, but soon he is eating up Christmas—from the dinner roast to the left stove-top burner...even the Christmas tree! Everyone has an opinion about what to do with him. Uncle Theodore suggests they send him to Africa, Father recommends the zoo, and Aunt Figgy mentions an orphanage. But Alice Jayne thinks the Christmas Crocodile deserves a real family. Can she find him a new home? And will she and the family survive till Christmas morning, with that naughty crocodile gobbling up everything in sight?

Why there's even a song!!

And hear I thought I heard it all!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 11, 2021, 03:40:26 PM

No, I was not!  How did I miss such a thing?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Well we have a tie for first place Tank and Tank!

So I'm going to donate my choice of the next subject to anybody who has entered but not topped the vote.

If you want to make the next choice stick your name below.

I have added the names of contributors to the poll.

hermes2015

That's amazing. Congratulations, Tank! This must be a first.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 14, 2021, 09:49:19 AM
That's amazing. Congratulations, Tank! This must be a first.

I don't recall if anybody has had first and second place before. But then I have problems remembering what day it is sometimes  :snicker1:

hermes2015

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 07, 2021, 11:15:33 PM

Once again, thank you for the nice words. I can now confirm that it is indeed my photo, but not my house. It is my daughter's house. My taste is much more for Bauhaus and mid-century modern interiors. That window faces the swimming pool where my concrete reclining nude sculpture is installed. The bull's head is an antique — not sure where she got it. The painting behind it, with a bit of red showing, is one I painted just before she was born.
― Charles Eames