Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Dave

Removed to "Rants and moans"
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Beginning to think and feel like everyone is against me again...
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

No one

If it makes you feel cheerful, I'm against everyone.

Pasta Chick

It's hot and there are bugs everywhere.

Icarus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on July 08, 2017, 09:47:46 PM

The fundies have  put cameras and recording devices in your house????

Arturo

Quote from: Icarus on July 09, 2017, 01:56:45 AM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on July 08, 2017, 09:47:46 PM

The fundies have  put cameras and recording devices in your house????

Temperature control is a sign of torture
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

Another wisdom tooth made a break for it last night.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

Here is me snoozing peacefully at 5;55 this AM.  Doorbell is going ding-ding, ding-ding.... WTF.?  I get up, grab my useless pistol with no firing pin. Peering thru the peep hole in my door I see nothing. Summoning my bravery, I open the door. Someone was walking down my street which is a cul de sac. He goes to the house across the street  and tries to enter thru the tall fence that was no where near the door of the house. OK I have seen enough. I call 911. this dude could be scoping out the neighborhood or he could be an intruder. I am thinking of my street sweeper 12 gauge shotgun that does have a firing pin. No I will call the fuzz.

911. dispatcher does her job admirably. Response time is under 5 minutes. Red lights, blue lights, cops are there. Soon enough another police vehicle arrives. That one is an SUV K-9 unit. If we got a burglar type his ass is German Shephard meat.  In another minute a supervisor cop unit arrives. My little neighborhood is overrun by cops and still another police  car arrives. Must be a slow night for disturbances. I am glad of that. I observe, cautiously,  from my front porch, that they have a person who appears to be cooperating, but at this distance I cannot be sure. I go back inside, confident that my PD guys will handle whatever is going down. After some 20 minutes or so the street is clear of police vehicles and peace reigns.

Later I learn that the person causing all this was suffering from dementia and that he was lost having wandered from his home about three blocks away.  I am relieved to learn that the person was not an intruder or bad guy of any sort. The person was taken to the Hospital under the Baker Act which seeks to take care of the persons who are deemed to be a danger to themselves or to other people. The whole episode did disturb my normal sleep pattern but I do have some compassion for the poor man who has a mental problem.

Arturo

I'm glad you called the police. Hopefully they treated him well since police are not always trained to help the mentally ill. Some are but not all. I don't know a ratio.

I was deemed to be a danger to myself and/or others in a court hearing where I was trying to get out of the psych ward of the hospital. (I asked to be put in 2 days earlier which is a whole nother story). The doctor who examined me for court was the one who gave the testimony about my dangerousness and I was present and heard every word. I didn't understand it, but I heard it. I also felt a resonation with me as he began and started hallucinating.

I tried to get the court documents to see what he said but the lady at the front counter said that was impossible for some reason.

Idk, I'm just glad that guy got help.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Velma

I bought a camping chair for our trip to view the eclipse. It was described as a bit taller than the usual folding camp chair, so I thought it would be good for someone with arthritis in their hips and back. Well, it certainly was a folding chair. It folded right up when I sat in it. Neither I or my husband could get the thing to lock open. It is going back next week.

I'll be celebrating my wedding anniversary with a bruised and swollen knee, an aching back, a sore shoulder, and two swollen wrists.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Arturo

That's a hillarious visual Velma. Take care tho :therethere:
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Velma

I'm just glad I fell forward. If I'd fallen backwards, I might have cracked my head on the edge of the freezer.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Quote from: Velma on July 10, 2017, 06:43:39 AM
I'm just glad I fell forward. If I'd fallen backwards, I might have cracked my head on the edge of the freezer.

You going to sue them if it is bad design, workmanship or quality control, Velma?

Or at least threaten to, you might get compensation.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Essie Mae

Would POTUS and the Rev Patrick Mahoney be as interested in Charlie Gard if his parents were black and lived in a trailer park?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare