News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Last night someone ran over my Biden sign in my front yard with a bike.  I put up another one, but the idea that there is that attitude in my neighborhood is a bit disconcerting. This is bringing out the worst in everyone.  It's not pretty here now.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 26, 2020, 02:00:00 AM
Last night someone ran over my Biden sign in my front yard with a bike.  I put up another one, but the idea that there is that attitude in my neighborhood is a bit disconcerting. This is bringing out the worst in everyone.  It's not pretty here now.

I put no sort of signs on any of my property. I've seen Mickey Mouse stickers defaced on cars, even back in the '70s. There is no pleasing everyone, and it seems like there is no pleasing anyone, these days. The days of someone walking by and saying that "you're an eedjit for posting that sign" are long gone. I put up cameras on the front of my house many years ago to deter a neighbor from vandalizing our property. No politics, just some sort of mental issues, which the cameras took care of.

FWIW, when the chump loses (again) the BS is going to skyrocket. I personally expect that it won't be any worse than when Obama was elected and was hanged and burned in effigy (which is bad enough). There's a lot of rhetoric, but most of those people are law-abiding enough to just bitch in a local venue.

Tank

Well it's Sunday.
What to do?
Go to church?
Fuck off!
Cut the grass?
Fuck off!
Do some wood working?
Possibly!
Walk the dogs?
Probably.
Watch the Russian Grand Prix?
Definitely!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Well Tank at least you have your priorities straight.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Wash my car. I've been wanting to do it for a week, but other stuff has taken priority. I could take it to the robo-wash, but that went from $5 to $8 for the basic wash. Scroom, I'll do it myself. Then I'll start with the fucking off.  ;D

Tank

Well so far I did cut the grass in the end. Did some wood working (box and work bench). And watched Demolition Man. :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Randy

I thought you were going to watch the Russian Grand Prix. It was a definite on your list.

I have to admit though, Demolition Man may be a good replacement. :grin:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Heh!  ;D

For me, today was a gleefully unproductive day. :grin: I had an online meeting up till 1 a.m. and woke up at 10. In the afternoon I slept some more. Sunday, lazy Sunday. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: Randy on September 28, 2020, 12:29:34 AM
I thought you were going to watch the Russian Grand Prix. It was a definite on your list.

I have to admit though, Demolition Man may be a good replacement. :grin:

I watched the Grad Prix  and Demolition man  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Finished doing a lousy voice-over for my video-poster. :whew: (Online) congresses these days...

I wanted to do it in English but my supervisor said it was best not to.  :'( Oh well, there's always the international congress next year. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

What kind of truck JJ?  Tell us more.

jumbojak

It's a 2016 Ram 1500. Long bed, regular cab, in white. I probably look like a painter or a carpenter.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

No one

No one