News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

Sure, I'll help you guys move.

It was long, long past time for a new vehicle. My last one was so far gone it was nearly to the point of being dangerous at any speed. Part of me wants to set up a shooting range and put her out there as an obstacle and target, but I probably won't actually do that. Probably...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

No one

Do you have fever or chills to go along with that cough?

Dark Lightning

;D Nope. Though I did have a fever in April, along with flu-like symptoms. I don't recall losing a sense of taste or smell, but then when one is sick enough, they might not pay much attention. I didn't know about those symptoms back then. I'm going have an in-person visit with my doctor soon, and I'm going to get tested for covid antibodies as part of the visit.

Randy

I cannot catch COVID-19 through the internet can I?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

jumbojak

Quote from: Dark Lightning on October 08, 2020, 04:04:44 PM
<cough> Tannerite <cough>

I LIKE that idea. I wonder if anyone I know is having a baby...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Randy on October 09, 2020, 01:12:21 AM

Probably not, but you can catch Trumpian Information Disease (TID) through the media by watching Fox News.

Randy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 09, 2020, 03:25:46 PM
Quote from: Randy on October 09, 2020, 01:12:21 AM

Probably not, but you can catch Trumpian Information Disease (TID) through the media by watching Fox News.
It's a good thing Fox News is banned in our household. :lol:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Icarus

I routinely watch MSNBC, CNN, Cspan, BBC, and Fox to get the different bits of news and or commentary.  I am trying to be non committal but it ain't easy to lend credence to the Fox points of view.  I think that Rupert Murdock is a scheming devil who demands that his network fuck up the information system just for fun....and profit.  There are a bunch of humans out there that  truly believe that Fox is the only reliable information source.

xSilverPhinx

Happy because tomorrow's a holiday!  :heyhey:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Tomorrow is a legal holiday here in the US.  It is not a big time holiday but it is observed by the Postal service and a few other government organizations.  Columbus Day is mostly a Catholic invention to honor the dude that did not actually discover America.

Silver, did he also not discover Brazil?

No one

Donald Trump discovered Brazil. After all, he is the best discoverer, nobody has ever done more for discovering Brazil than Donald Trump.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on October 12, 2020, 03:13:03 AM
Tomorrow is a legal holiday here in the US.  It is not a big time holiday but it is observed by the Postal service and a few other government organizations.  Columbus Day is mostly a Catholic invention to honor the dude that did not actually discover America.

Silver, did he also not discover Brazil?

Tomorrow's also a Catholic holiday here, though I'm not sure which. Somethin' to do with patron saints or somethin'. :notsure:

Columbus isn't celebrated in Brazil, the Portuguese dude who also did not discover Brazil goes by the name of Pedro Alvarez Cabral. Who knows how late he was to the party...   

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on October 12, 2020, 03:21:30 AM
Donald Trump discovered Brazil. After all, he is the best discoverer, nobody has ever done more for discovering Brazil than Donald Trump.

Pffft, I have a better claim to being Brazil's discoverer than that bag of shit! :lol: