News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on March 13, 2020, 03:18:31 AM
...I like the part where the ocean breeze cools us off due to the heat above Los Angeles making a convective flow. :smug:
:smug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 12, 2020, 02:45:32 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 12, 2020, 02:41:03 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 12, 2020, 02:13:20 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 12, 2020, 02:03:40 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 12, 2020, 01:32:04 PM
Some boring buttered toast.

It got my mind wandering. It would be interesting to add some extra elements to it, maybe sprinkle chocolate chips onto a thick layer of cream cheese and strawberry jam.

:notsure:

After reeling my mind back in I've decided that is probably not a good idea.

Oh well.  :shrug:

Pseudo butter and thin sliced cucumber with a smidge of salt.

Intriguing combination.  :chin:

Morning-room in Algernon's flat in Half-Moon Street. The room is luxuriously and artistically furnished. The sound of a piano is heard in the adjoining room.

[Lane is arranging afternoon tea on the table, and after the music has ceased, Algernon enters.]

Algernon. Did you hear what I was playing, Lane?

Lane. I didn't think it polite to listen, sir.

Algernon. I'm sorry for that, for your sake. I don't play accurately—any one can play accurately—but I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for Life.

Lane. Yes, sir.

Algernon. And, speaking of the science of Life, have you got the cucumber sandwiches cut for Lady Bracknell?

Lane. Yes, sir. [Hands them on a salver.]

Ooh, I'm just Wilde about your style.

Of course you are, you're from Brazil.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

hermes2015

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 13, 2020, 08:37:59 AM

It got my mind wandering. It would be interesting to add some extra elements to it, maybe sprinkle chocolate chips onto a thick layer of cream cheese and strawberry jam.

Morning-room in Algernon's flat in Half-Moon Street. The room is luxuriously and artistically furnished. The sound of a piano is heard in the adjoining room.

[Lane is arranging afternoon tea on the table, and after the music has ceased, Algernon enters.]

Algernon. I'm sorry for that, for your sake. I don't play accurately—any one can play accurately—but I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for Life.

Lane. Yes, sir.

Algernon. And, speaking of the science of Life, have you got the cucumber sandwiches cut for Lady Bracknell?

I am not just nutty, I'm a fruitcake as well.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 13, 2020, 09:33:44 AM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 13, 2020, 08:37:59 AM

Lane. Yes, sir.

I am not just nutty, I'm a fruitcake as well.

:lol: Hey, 'walnut tree' is my middle name! :grin: I will own the right to be nutty. :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I ate a cold slice of pizza for breakfast...what am I doing with my life?  :panic:

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 20, 2020, 02:59:22 PM
I ate a cold slice of pizza for breakfast...what am I doing with my life?  :panic:

Food of the Gods!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on April 20, 2020, 10:43:43 PM

Food of the Gods!

I'm afraid it is so.  :shifty:  People of HAF, I have converted to the Cult of the Cold Pizza.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dark Lightning

Sinner! Thee must hence go forth for hot pizza to absolve your guilt! Nota Bene- the consumption of hot pizza provides absolution for the consumption of cold pizza. :smilenod:

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 21, 2020, 12:39:04 AM
Quote from: Tank on April 20, 2020, 10:43:43 PM

Food of the Gods!

I'm afraid it is so.  :shifty:  People of HAF, I have converted to the Cult of the Cold Pizza.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I love cold pizza. Tastes better than hot pizza and there is no risk of burning your fingers or mouth!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Depends on the pizza and toppings whether it's good cold. Pepperoni, bacon, and most veggies are fine but some sausage is not. Also pineapple is good on cold pizza.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

billy rubin

emergency pasta

one container of ramen. throw the flavor packet awy. smash the packet with your fist until its crumbled

put in a bowl with just a bit of water

add one can of condensed mushroom soup

microway for fibve minutes

i spent a miservale day with a rented backhoe in the freezing wind digging out my warehoue lane for a culvert,.

in the end i ran out of energy. th e ytrench wasn't flat, the old culvert wouldn't go down, out of time, out of stamina.

going to bed

set the function, not the mechanism.

Dark Lightning

Not sure of the name of this dish. Sausage (turkey), potatoes, carrots, celery and onion all cooked together in a skillet. That was dinner.

Icarus

Friend wife is a sushi freak. She is also hooked on Thai foods such as Tofu curry.  If I did not love and cherish her, I  might file for divorce because of the offense of favoring such sickening comestible horrors.

To her credit she does not bring home enough of that stuff that I will be forced to share.  I am a veggie guy who thoroughly appreciates a nice salad of rabbit like food.  Then there are the fruit salads....Yummy!  Just throw whatever fruit is on hand in a bowl, Add some sharp cheese shreds and some some walnuts or pecans, and I am good to go.

I confess that I like beans, a sufficient source of protein and they satisfy the starch craving.  Onion and garlic makes me less than welcome at social gatherings but I do want the scrumptious flavors of those smelly things. Not that beans are post consumption smelly things.

xSilverPhinx

Randy

Silver, do you have a particular flavor of cheese you like over all of them?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg