News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

WTF is wrong with Arizona?

Started by Ali, March 29, 2012, 04:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 30, 2012, 11:35:57 PM
Apparently men can make themselves temporarily sterile by dipping their testicles in 115 degree water for ten minutes at a time once a day for three weeks.
http://www.newmalecontraception.org/heat.htm
Sounds kind of comical, but if they could come up with a more systematic way of achieving the same results, it could be something worth looking at.   

That's perfect. How about they amend the law to say that if the woman isn't allowed to have her birth control, her sexual partners must all do this if asked by her? That would stop the law dead in its tracks.

I'm so glad I don't live in that bass ackwards state. It is very strange to see a number of conservative women who push invasive laws like this. Can't quite wrap my head around that one.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

Quote from: Stevil on March 31, 2012, 03:44:46 AM
Apparently men can make themselves temporarily sterile by dipping their testicles in 115 degree water for ten minutes at a time once a day for three weeks.
WTF, that's hotter than boiling! I wouldn't last 1/10th of a second let alone 10 minutes.
115F = 46C we are talking pre-metric societies here. ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on March 31, 2012, 07:28:21 AM
WTF, that's hotter than boiling! I wouldn't last 1/10th of a second let alone 10 minutes.

I could try and tell my partner I'm safe, I've been having regular warm/hot baths.
I don't think she'd believe me though.  :(

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

DeterminedJuliet

Haha, yeah, sorry, the article is in Fahrenheit, I probably should have mentioned that.

Apparently the pain threshold for heat is around 118 degrees Fahrenheit, so this treatment would be quite warm, but do-able. 
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 31, 2012, 04:08:59 PM

Haha, yeah, sorry, the article is in Fahrenheit, I probably should have mentioned that.

Apparently the pain threshold for heat is around 118 degrees Fahrenheit, so this treatment would be quite warm, but do-able.  
Says a person with their genitals on the inside  >:(

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on March 31, 2012, 04:12:41 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 31, 2012, 04:08:59 PM

Says a person with their genitals on the inside  >:(

:D hahaha No? Doesn't sound appealing? That's three whole degrees of comfort!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.