Happy Atheist Forum

What are you drinking now?

Ecurb Noselrub

• No Wall in my name!!!
Re: What are you drinking now?
« Reply #180 on: March 07, 2021, 07:58:12 PM »
I have before me a 2017 Legende Bordeaux from Barons de Rothschild (thought I'd give them another chance). It's a 60% Cab - 40% Merlot blend.  ABV is only 12%.  There are notes of cassis at the top, and a bit more than average tannin in the aftertaste.  It did pair well with some Stilton cheese that I had in the refrigerator. I'm giving it a 6 - not disappointing, but nothing special. 

I'm finding it hard to locate exceptional French wines in my area.  I may have to branch out to Austin in the near future.

« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2021, 05:57:36 AM »
tea

Tom62

« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2021, 07:26:07 AM »
A lungo coffee
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

• No Wall in my name!!!
« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2022, 04:35:00 PM »
About 3 months ago, I started having episodes of tachycardia at night. It would wake me up, and my heart was doing about 120 bpm. It was quite uncomfortable, and scary. I started tracking it, and saw that it only happened if I had more than 2 drinks that evening. So, I've had to cut down. Basically a glass of beer and a glass of wine, and that's it. The hard stuff is a rarity. It finally caught up with me. On the weekends, if I have something at lunch and then wait until the evening to have anything else, I might squeeze 3 in, but I can't do three after 5:00 pm. I guess it's nature's way of telling me to slow down. I'll be 70 this year, so I've had my fun. I want to live long enough to meet my travel goals, so 2 drinks a night it is.

Papasito Bruno

• Deranged Psychopathic Twinkle Toes
  • Save water. Shower together!
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2022, 11:05:41 PM »
What do you get if you cross a classic book with an alcoholic drink?

Tequila Mockingbird :o
...inhabitants are, as the man once said, 'whores, pimps, gamblers, and sons of bitches,' by which he meant everybody. Had the man looked through another peephole he might have said, 'saints and angels and martyrs and holy men,' and he would have meant the same thing. John Steinbeck

Dark Lightning

• Curmudgeon
« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2022, 12:21:07 AM »
I went up to a local liquor store to redeem my lotto winnings ($13!) got more lotto tickets and an Arrogant Bastard Ale (22 oz). The guy tried to charge me $12. They're $5.99. I told him forget it, but he found the manager- $5.99. I like a strong ale, once in awhile. I buy these about 3 times a month.