News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Gunman kills 12 people in Cumbria rampage

Started by Tank, June 02, 2010, 10:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

SSY

:(

This is sad in itself, but unfortunately, the UK government has a history of reactionary, kneejerk law changes, so we will no doubt see some poorly thought out and hastily legislation in the aftermath.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Big Mac

But they have gun laws in place. DIdn't that stop the shooter?!?! I mean, isn't England a giant Gun-Free Zone?!?!
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Tank

Quote from: "Big Mac"But they have gun laws in place. DIdn't that stop the shooter?!?! I mean, isn't England a giant Gun-Free Zone?!?!
No. There are a couple of million licensed guns as far as I know. The majority are shotguns used for pest control and clay shooting. The rest are mostly hunting or target rifles. There are classic collectors as well. There are specific restrictions on pistols (hand guns). No private individual may own any type of hand gun, not even single shot .22 target pistols.

The ban on hand guns has effected the availability of this type of weapon to professional criminals where there are now gun dealers who rent pistols out. Ballistic evidence has revealed weapons being used in multiple unrelated crimes.

The last three mass shootings in the UK have all found to have had a element of police incompetence as a contributory factor. The worst case was the guy who shot all the kids. He had been talked to by the police on a number of occasions because of inappropriate behaviour, such as threatening people in the street.  :shake:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Big Mac"But they have gun laws in place. DIdn't that stop the shooter?!?! I mean, isn't England a giant Gun-Free Zone?!?!
No. There are a couple of million licensed guns as far as I know. The majority are shotguns used for pest control and clay shooting. The rest are mostly hunting or target rifles. There are classic collectors as well. There are specific restrictions on pistols (hand guns). No private individual may own any type of hand gun, not even single shot .22 target pistols.

The ban on hand guns has effected the availability of this type of weapon to professional criminals where there are now gun dealers who rent pistols out. Ballistic evidence has revealed weapons being used in multiple unrelated crimes.

The last three mass shootings in the UK have all found to have had a element of police incompetence as a contributory factor. The worst case was the guy who shot all the kids. He had been talked to by the police on a number of occasions because of inappropriate behaviour, such as threatening people in the street.  :shake:

I'm afraid my fellow Texan was poking your ribs.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Tank

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "Tank"

I'm afraid my fellow Texan was poking your ribs.

I shall consider my ribs tickled

Big Mac

Sorry it's more at a stab at people who act like banning something makes it disappear. "Let's ban XYZ!!!"

Then they get shocked when there's a huge black market for it or when someone goes crazy because of the taboo factor of it.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?