News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

We don't have a section of the forum that deals with genocides.

Started by Tank, October 24, 2018, 07:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

BBC report on Chinese concentration camps.

QuoteChina stands accused of locking up hundreds of thousands of Muslims without trial in its western region of Xinjiang.

The government denies the claims, saying people are willingly attending special "vocational schools" which combat "terrorism and religious extremism".

Now a BBC investigation has found important new evidence of the reality.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

That's incredible. Sad and frightening, but still incredible. Ir makes you wonder if it could happen here.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on October 24, 2018, 02:52:17 PM
That's incredible. Sad and frightening, but still incredible. Ir makes you wonder if it could happen here.

With Trump I would say when not if. :(
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on October 24, 2018, 08:52:29 PM

This is something I seriously worry about. If, when, and what sort of camp they'll throw me in. Still, I wouldn't change anything.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Sandra Craft

Quote from: jumbojak on October 24, 2018, 11:12:08 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 24, 2018, 08:52:29 PM

This is something I seriously worry about. If, when, and what sort of camp they'll throw me in. Still, I wouldn't change anything.

I had the same thought reading The Handmaid's Tale:  better sent to a nuclear clean-up colony than be a citizen of Gilead.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

America must be the land of the crazies.  The recent scare about the now eleven count of bombs through the mail has captured our attention.  The bomb maker must be a knothead because his bombs were not equipped with a functional trigger mechanism. None of them exploded.  His knothead intelligence led to his having been apprehended. 

He left some finger prints on one or more of his ineffective bombs.  He is a convicted felon from Davie Florida. His prints are on file in the national registry. He is now looking at a minimum of 55 years in the federal slammer.  That is a steep price to pay, even for an unhinged Trump  booster. 

Asmodean

Quote from: Icarus on October 26, 2018, 11:45:13 PM
America must be the land of the crazies.  The recent scare about the now eleven count of bombs through the mail has captured our attention.  The bomb maker must be a knothead because his bombs were not equipped with a functional trigger mechanism. None of them exploded.  His knothead intelligence led to his having been apprehended. 
I've made the since-stolen (more likely, arrived-at-through-similar-means, but I claims muh THEFT!  >:( ) argument that this may have been the case of a terrorist wanting to scare people, not hurt them. Functional bombs with non-functional triggers would accomplish that, and building functional bombs with functional triggers does not take that much more ingenuity - just the ability to follow instructions. Even the dimmest of terrorists is usually not universally incapable of that, and we are talking about a hundred percent failure rate across quite a number of explosives here.

I may be wrong, as I have not really followed the case, and violent criminals do tend to be on the lower end of the IQ scale. Still, I'm not prepared to make, or stand by the assumption that the bombs failed to detonate due to the bomb maker's mental deficiency without further evidence.

He left some finger prints on one or more of his ineffective bombs.  He is a convicted felon from Davie Florida. His prints are on file in the national registry. He is now looking at a minimum of 55 years in the federal slammer.  That is a steep price to pay, even for an unhinged Trump  booster.
Yes, he does sound like a stupid criminal, doesn't he? This does not address the point I made above though; there are plausible alternate explanations for why the bombs didn't go off. Again, there may have been developments in this case, of which I am unaware, but this exact rhetoric was prevalent from "the moment" the bombs were demonstrated to be "real, but useless."
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MikeL

The Chinese are lying. This has less to do with religion than it does ethnic cleansing (Russian, zachistka) masked as anti-extremism. In fact what most do not know is that pre-Islamic Uighurs were already living in the same valley that the arrogant Han Chinese claim as their original homeland.

2 Nov 2018 Radio Free Europe Radio Liberty Videos
https://www.rferl.org/s?k=xinjiang&tab=all&pi=1&r=any&pp=10

And post-Chechen war, after the zachistkas, it was the Chinese who offered fish farming as a frontier capitalist venture to Chechnya, which report was first published by RFERL.

Suggested reading: Green MD, The Politics of Indian Removal: Creek Government and Society in Crisis

Note that none of the prisoners wear hijabs in Chinese concentration camps, and that the other end of the Silk Road ends in Brittany. This links to French hijab-wearing regulations in those schools, reported on a few years back.

Tank

Quote from: MikeL on November 12, 2018, 09:37:51 PM
The Chinese are lying. This has less to do with religion than it does ethnic cleansing (Russian, zachistka) masked as anti-extremism. In fact what most do not know is that pre-Islamic Uighurs were already living in the same valley that the arrogant Han Chinese claim as their original homeland.

2 Nov 2018 Radio Free Europe Radio Liberty Videos
https://www.rferl.org/s?k=xinjiang&tab=all&pi=1&r=any&pp=10

And post-Chechen war, after the zachistkas, it was the Chinese who offered fish farming as a frontier capitalist venture to Chechnya, which report was first published by RFERL.

Suggested reading: Green MD, The Politics of Indian Removal: Creek Government and Society in Crisis

Note that none of the prisoners wear hijabs in Chinese concentration camps, and that the other end of the Silk Road ends in Brittany. This links to French hijab-wearing regulations in those schools, reported on a few years back.
Interesting input.